Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Hello from IL.

Default Hello from IL.

Hello from IL. all,

I bought a CW9 about 2 1/2 years ago and am very happy with the pistol. I have had minimal issues.

1. The rear sight fell off? I didnt drop the pistol or tap so I dont know what happened. I am not mechanically inclined whatsoever so I sent the slide to Kahr. I received it back 4 days after I mailed it? Fixed. I am very happy with the turnaround time with that.

2. The plastic follower on one magazine broke. I just emailed Kahr about that. I saw in one of the posts that they will replace that no charge. Thats a good thing.

I have shot probably about 2000 rounds through the CW9 and haven't had any FTF issues, which is fantastic.

The slim, and reasonably light, CW9 is a very comfortable appendix carry pistol (I know the cons), and that brings me to a few questions.....

I have been looking to step up to a CW45 and have a few questions for those who have made the switch, carry-wise.

1. Is the weight and size of the CW45 carry-wise a pretty drastic change compared to the CW9?

2. If you carry the CW45, do you train with the CW9 as well to save some $ on ammo? I currently use the aluminum cased Winchester rounds. It looks like similar but brass, FMJ 45 rounds are basically double the cost.

All answers and/or post links are appreciated.

Thanks, Dieter

Howdy from Austin, Texas!

CM9 daily pocket carry, CW9 &CW45 belt carry. Not much difference in weight and size of CW9 and CW45. Obviously .45 bullets are heavier.
    Just like you said: CM9 carries more ammo and less recoil. .45 "rolls more" in recoil and ammo is more $. Training with CW9 & CM9 does not seem to make a difference in shooting the .45 other than familiarity with the Kahr family.
    All triggers are good, CW 45 is the best,and seems to be more accurate,although that may be due to the size of the hole in the paper. All 3 are more accurate than I am.
    Easier to find more defense ammo that performs well in gelatin tests from a short barrel 9mm than from a short barrel 45.
    I like the 45,but carry the 9 more often. PJ Kydex holster for the 9 ; Wild Bill leather with off-set clip for the .45.

Thanks for the responses. I think I will be sticking with the CW9 for now. Its not really sexy or tacticool but its dependable and thats the most important thing.

Hiya Dieter, welcome to the forum! As far as heavy to carry, I go with all steel so I don't pay much attention to a few oz here or there..

I only carry what I train with and right now, I only shoot what I carry.

I like the .45 and you can find some great bullets with higher velocities, If you're going to carry .45, you're going to want to shoot with it as much as your 9mm IMO. https://www.outdoorlimited.com/Produ...ctCode=cci5230 if bullet cost is keeping you away from the .45, just find cheaper bullets like these little pretties. $12.45 for 50 rounds of good brass?!!?

The bugs got it wrong, money can buy love.

Thanks for the welcome Monadnock. Still on the fence concerning the CW45. My CW9 works fine, a few minor issues but never a FTF. I use Federal aluminum 9mm at the range with no issues. I just saw the Federal 45 at Wally World for 50% more than the 9mm, in both 50 and 100 round boxes. I usually shoot 150 rounds at least 1x per month.