Quote Originally Posted by downtownv View Post
I am of the belief that NYPD only authorized 9mm.
That aside, I have a 2001 September made k-9 that was indeed a NYPD Gun. I bought it from a friend of mine who HAD to sell it under NYPD orders.
His Job?

NYPD Aviation (Chopper Jock)

Clearly a gun not used very often. That1/8" difference is all in your mind, like any other trigger, there is a pull until the bang and I would tell you theres no noticeable difference.
The reason the NYPD ordered them all sold was due to a higher than acceptable rate of "Accidental Discharges" 99% was due to poorly trained cops holstering and unholstering with the finger on the trigger....
actually the issue was that the NYP WANTED AN EVEN HEAVIER TRIGGER PULL THAN 11#, THE TRIGGER TRAVEL WASW ok WQITH THEM BUT THEY WERE ASKING FOR SOMETHING THAT kAHR TOLD THEM WAS NOT DOABLE. It was all political. AD's discharges was not the issue with the K series, and lets say no more an issue than the glocks gave. If you have stupid officers, no safety works. I bout a nypd k 9 WITH TE NY TRIGGER AND LIKE YOU STATED THE 1/8" MORE TRIGGER TRAVEL IS IN YOUR HEAD. iT WOULD TAKE AN EXCELLENT SHOOTER AND i MEAN AN EXCELLENT SHOOTER TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE ELITE AND NYPD TIRGGER. tHE PULL POIUNDAGE IS EXACTLY THE SAME. If you wanna lighten up the trigger pull but keep the travel the same, just go to0 wolfs gunsprings and order the 5# striker spring. It drops right in and works great. IMO your just pissing money down the wall buying the elite trigger set up to gain a lousy 1/8" less travel, but still a full 1/2" travel... Just sayin