Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Night Sights

So the newest iteration on this subject...I told them to send me the sights without LocTite...they shipped super fast, like 2 days. I got a Meprolight Rear Night Sight and a Trijicon Front Night Sight ...Wonder if the heights correlate to where they should hit? But of course the invoice says Trijicon Night Sights? Now What to do??????
    [IMG][/IMG]

maybe compare the height of the front blades and the height of the rear notch on old/new sights with a caliper??

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELEIVER

Good idea. Though I am going to call on Monday and see if they will exchange the Meprolight rear for a Trijicon rear to go with the Trijicon front sight. I did order the Trijicon set, and suspect, as they were packaged the same as EdM said in 3 separate little bags, that they made a mistake in picking the order. It is unusual to receive 2 different manufacturers night sights as a set I would hope.

Quote Originally Posted by wrfabus View Post
    Good idea. Though I am going to call on Monday and see if they will exchange the Meprolight rear for a Trijicon rear to go with the Trijicon front sight. I did order the Trijicon set, and suspect, as they were packaged the same as EdM said in 3 separate little bags, that they made a mistake in picking the order. It is unusual to receive 2 different manufacturers night sights as a set I would hope.
    I agree about the phone call, and replacement. Wonder whats going on over there in the Kahr ordering/shipping department?

in my experience whenever I've replaced a set of sights with another matched set, not a mixed set,the POA/POI were very very close.
    sometimes you can get away w/mixed sets if you know/match the heights of the f&r sights.

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER

I spoke to Kahr Customer Service and they were apologetic about the mixup. They emailed me a return USPS label in minutes for the Meprolight rear and said they are mailing me the correct Trijicon rear sight out today. I will be happy as long as all comes to fruition. At first they wanted me to send the whole package back.....I said no way.....I have a correct front sight in my possession and will not give it up. Even though I explained what model I had, a CT45, the rep thought I got a set of Old Style (pre 2004) sights. I explained I have the correct front that is not a dovetail sight but incorrect rear for the set. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by wrfabus View Post
    I spoke to Kahr Customer Service and they were apologetic about the mixup. They emailed me a return USPS label in minutes for the Meprolight rear and said they are mailing me the correct Trijicon rear sight out today. I will be happy as long as all comes to fruition. At first they wanted me to send the whole package back.....I said no way.....I have a correct front sight in my possession and will not give it up. Even though I explained what model I had, a CT45, the rep thought I got a set of Old Style (pre 2004) sights. I explained I have the correct front that is not a dovetail sight but incorrect rear for the set. We'll see.
    Sounds like they dont even know what they sent to you did you send in photos? And why would they ask that you send back the correct part?

On a side note, Im starting to have mixed feelings on the customer service department. I have the Cerakote coated model, and I noticed that the guide rod had a small area that had not been coated. I sent a photo to customer service and the 1st reply I received said that the guide rod "looked fine and was suppose to look like that" I replied with something along the lines of no its not suppose to look like that and that I wanted someone to contact to escalate my issue. I then received another reply stating that they would send me out another guide rod.
    The place seems to be in dire need of some organization and knowledgeable employees.