Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Which CW380? Tungsten, Night sights..Or........

Out to the range after work..

36 rounds. 18 of those were RNP Polycase Ammo. 6 of the ARX. And another 12 of Remington UMC.

No jams. No failures.

165 rounds.

Ready for CC I think.

Top left is the ARX at some SD distances.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

You've only got 165 rounds total through your Kahr? Honestly I believe you need to make sure your pistol will easily sail through at least 100 rounds of ammo without a failure in a single range session before you begin trusting your life to it. Conventional wisdom is 200 rounds minimum, but with a Kahr .380 that's sort of pushing it. These guns not only get dirty real fast but they absolutely don't like it when they are.

The 200 round mark is a good idea, but there really is no need to put 100 rounds through at a time unless you carry 100 rounds. I only shoot 50 rounds at a time and really wouldn't care if the gun failed after 30 rounds. I'll never carry that many and I clean my gun after every range trip and check it often for cleanliness and lube since I pocket carry. I don't shoot at 50 yard targets with it either.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    The 200 round mark is a good idea, but there really is no need to put 100 rounds through at a time unless you carry 100 rounds. I only shoot 50 rounds at a time and really wouldn't care if the gun failed after 30 rounds. I'll never carry that many and I clean my gun after every range trip and check it often for cleanliness and lube since I pocket carry. I don't shoot at 50 yard targets with it either.
    My thoughts exactly. I am happy for now with the way the Kahr is performing. I will return to the range once I purchase a spare mag. In a SD situation, more than likely, if 6 rounds don't get it done...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Update. Purchased a spare mag with flat base plate. Of course had to go try it and put some rounds through the pistol.

Local store has Civil Liberty 380 self defense ammo on sale. Picked up 2 boxes of 20.

Range session ended up being 56 rounds - a mix of Remington 95 gr FMJ to Polycase ammo to the Civil Liberty stuff. The SD ammo fed great and no problem. Had one Failure to feed on the last round with old magazine. I limp wristed when trying to shoot one handed....

So far so good. Love the Kahr. Best pocket pistol I've tried and purchased.

Also.. talon grips is having a 4th of July sale. 4 bucks off... And that's when I'll be buying grips for my CW!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk