Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Which CW380? Tungsten, Night sights..Or........

The short version:
    1. Clean it thoroughly before use and oil it well.
    2. Leave the slide locked back for a few days to set the recoil spring compression.
    3. Use only round-nosed FMJ for the first couple hundred rounds, preferably US-made ammo like Federal, Remington, Blazer Brass, or else PMC. Winchester White Box is flat-nosed and might cause problems. Fiocchi ammo tends to have compatibility problems with the Kahr extractor, and in my experience the primers in Geco are too hard.
    4. Cross your fingers, toes, or anything else you have more than one of and hit the range.

Headed to the range with 42 rounds of Remington UMC ammo and the CW380.

Not a good outing. A good majority (90%) was failure to feed. I suspect this has to do with the ammo. Tried reversing the spring in the magazine with no luck. Will hit Walmart this week and pick up some blazer ammo.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Also question: is there a right way for magazine spring to go in?

Length
    Kahr 4.96"
    TCP 5.2"
    Kahr wins pocket concealment

Sites
    Kahr has excellent sites
    TCP is more flush

NS
    I paid $30 extra for night sites. Go ahead and get them now. You won't regret it.

Also, have talon grips on my CM9 and CW380. Get the rubberized, not sandpaper. I think it cost in the $20s.

Ammunition
    I cannot say anything about TCP, but the CW380 is very picky. That being said, you can ask the group here what works and what doesn't. I shoot Blazer fmj for target without a hiccup. I have yet to test my defensive ammo. I think there are positive comments on UMC.

+1 for Uncle Mike's holsters

Quote Originally Posted by ceNex View Post
    Hello!

Finally sold my S&W BG380. While I loved the form factor, I could not get used to the trigger.

In the market for a replacement 380. Down to the Taurus TCP and CW380.

I see the Kahr has different models. What is the difference between the Tungsten slide and the regular slide? Weight and performance wise? Are the sights any different ?

I see they make a regular model with night sights. Any opinions on this?

Any input would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by ceNex View Post

Also question: is there a right way for magazine spring to go in?

The cartridge is making it up the feed ramp and into the chamber, but it looks to me like it's not slipping underneath the extractor.

Sent from my dilapidated old PC.

Quote Originally Posted by dsk View Post
    The cartridge is making it up the feed ramp and into the chamber, but it looks to me like it's not slipping underneath the extractor.

Sent from my dilapidated old PC.
    That is exactly it. Found a bunch of perfecta ammo laying around. Tried loading a round... Not slipping under the extractor. The fix is.......???

Besides the obvious fix of not using Perfecta, this should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Besides the obvious fix of not using Perfecta, this should do it.

Actually my range trip was with Remington. I assumed it was the ammo, but had same issues when I came home and tried to chamber the Perfecta ammo.

Thanks for the video. I'll try this..

There are other similar techniques for increasing the amount of clearance between the extractor and breechface, including the thread stickied at the top of this section.

Apparently as Kahr owners it's our job to fix the design flaws in their gun in order to make them work. I guess it's too hard for Kahr to redesign the parts to eliminate jams and premature breakage.

Quote Originally Posted by dsk View Post
    There are other similar techniques for increasing the amount of clearance between the extractor and breechface, including the thread stickied at the top of this section.

Apparently as Kahr owners it's our job to fix the design flaws in their gun in order to make them work. I guess it's too hard for Kahr to redesign the parts to eliminate jams and premature breakage.
    It has more to do with a few ammo manufacturers not making their cases to SAAMI specs.