Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Which CW380? Tungsten, Night sights..Or........

I had emailed Kahr at the same time as my post here.

They asked me to create a RMA, for repairs. Off she goes.....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RolandD View Post
    It has more to do with a few ammo manufacturers not making their cases to SAAMI specs.
    Are you sure these manufacturers aren't still within SAAMI specs? Fiocchi is a good brand. Also there are plenty of other .380 pistols on the market that eat pretty much anything. The Kahrs are way too fussy regarding what works in them and what doesn't. I can understand one or two brands not working well, but when it's the other way around and only a few brands work reliably I'd blame the pistol.

Received pistola back from Kahr in less than 5 days. Shipping on their dime.

New extractor and slide stop. Lubed and test fired. Headed straight to the range as missus was at work.

50 rounds of Remington white box. One failure to feed. Last round of the second magazine. Outside of that .. flawless. One handed, weak handed. No problems.

Tried a magazine of Perfecta - and that was a disaster. All failure to feeds. No thanks.

Question: now that stuff has been replaced, does that reset my break-in count? Or do I keep counting from where I left off before the factory outing?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

The 200 round break-in is just an estimate. Don't worry about the actual round count; when the pistol stops having issues then you know you're good to go. My P380 had a break-in period of several thousand rounds and numerous replaced/modified parts before it became reliable.

My CT380 would not feed Geco at all. It was getting hung up under the extractor. Luckily I had some Aquilla ammo that worked flawlessy with me that first time out. I did the extractor fix I found on the forum but I haven't come across any Geco ammo to try again to see if it made a difference. But I have tried several other brands of ammo including Hornady Custom and Federal Hydro Shok with no issues.

Geco always fed fine in mine, but it wouldn't always go bang as it has hard primers. Since fixing my pistol I too have been looking for some to try out again but I haven't found it locally.

Went out to the range again as I found some Fiocchi 95 gr stuff at local fleet store. No go.

Switched to Remington and not a problem. 4 magazines.

I tried JHP stuff: Federal Hydrashok 90 gr. Could not even feed.

138 rounds so far. Really likes the Remington stuff.

What JHP ammo does your CW 380 like for SD?

My CW380 has worked flawlessly with every self defense ammo I've used in it.

Winchester Kinetic HE
    Winchester PDX1
    Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics JHP
    Fiocchi Extrema
    Federal HST
    Speer Gold Dots
    Hornady Critical Defense
    Underwood Xtreme Defender +P (my preferred SD ammo)

Most people seem to have good results with the Critical Defense rounds feeding well in their Kahr 380s

Happy to read the original poster got his pistol & then got it fixed, at least for some .380 ammunition makers.

A further word about the extension on the 6 round magazine. Since purchasing two flat bottom 6 rounders, I've taken the extended mag out of rotation. I'm used to shooting small autos so don't really need the extension w/o benefit of an additional round. I front pocket carry the CM9 in an Elite holster w/ a 6 round mag w/ a spare 7 rounder in a mag pouch in a rear pocket. Once a month or after a range trip I exchange the active mags w/ the spares.

Found some Polycase RNP and ARX ammo that I has stashed away. I checked to see if these would feed in my 380 and seems like no problem feeding. Will go to the range and see if it cycles when actually fired....