Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: MK9 v. MK40 <> (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    Still have my G27, but never carry it.
    It's mostly reliable, but not enough to carry.
    Have you told Glock about this? I have never spoken to anyone who went to Glock CS and didn't come away with a perfectly functioning pistol. (I wish I could say the same for other manufacturers...hint, hint )

I won't argue with your regarding the merits of the MK40, however...my MK9, as stated above, is beyond reproach, and it's starting to sound like I'll need to add an MK40 to my collection soon.

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    Have you told Glock about this? I have never spoken to anyone who went to Glock CS and didn't come away with a perfectly functioning pistol. (I wish I could say the same for other manufacturers...hint, hint )

I won't argue with your regarding the merits of the MK40, however...my MK9, as stated above, is beyond reproach, and it's starting to sound like I'll need to add an MK40 to my collection soon.
    One or two FTFs in 200 rounds?
    Don't think Glock will be able to do anything about that.
    Plus occasional brass to face
    It just doesn't misbehave enough to send it back to the mothership.
    If I want to carry a tupperware double stack 40 cal subcompact?
    Hk P2000SK LEM gets the call

One or two FTFs in 200 rounds?
    Don't think Glock will be able to do anything about that.
    Plus occasional brass to face
    It just doesn't misbehave enough to send it back to the mothership.
    If I want to carry a tupperware double stack 40 cal subcompact?
    Hk P2000SK LEM gets the call
    Ahhh...okay. So not 100% reliable, but not lemon enough to get it looked at. Yeah, that's a tough spot to be in. Have you played around with ammo choices? I've heard that Glock CS will often recommend Hornady Critical Defense for feeding issues...and we Kahr owners know that it is well-known to feed well in the .380 and little 9mms.

And I can't really disagree with you about the H&K. I've had an itch for one for a long, long time, and only decided on the Glock because I wanted a carbine that would share magazines with my home defense pistol. Ended up with the Glock 27 and a KT Sub 2000. Very pleased with my decision, but I've still got that H&K itch to scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    Ahhh...okay. So not 100% reliable, but not lemon enough to get it looked at. Yeah, that's a tough spot to be in. Have you played around with ammo choices? I've heard that Glock CS will often recommend Hornady Critical Defense for feeding issues...and we Kahr owners know that it is well-known to feed well in the .380 and little 9mms.

And I can't really disagree with you about the H&K. I've had an itch for one for a long, long time, and only decided on the Glock because I wanted a carbine that would share magazines with my home defense pistol. Ended up with the Glock 27 and a KT Sub 2000. Very pleased with my decision, but I've still got that H&K itch to scratch.
    The G27 occasionally FTFs with ball ammo
    It's just a range gun for me.

My pistol caliber carbine is a Hk SP5K with a folding brace

The G27 occasionally FTFs with ball ammo
    It's just a range gun for me.

My pistol caliber carbine is a Hk SP5K with a folding brace
    I looked at that one, but found two problems: 1) I couldn't find confirmation that it accepted H&K pistol magazines, and 2) There was no way I could hide a purchase of that size from my wife. The Sub2000 cost me $330 delivered, not much more than the cost of a month of boutique coffees.

And I've gotta add that you are the ONLY person I know who has a Glock that isn't 100% functional. Thinking it over, I wouldn't care if I got failures at a rate of 1 in a thousand. I'd send it back to Glock and let them figure it out. Glocks are ugly, have triggers that many shooters hate, a grip angle that is odd for some, etc etc etc...but they are known to shoot, regardless of conditions. They freeze them, dunk them in mud, and shoot them for 18K round...without experiencing a single malfunction like yours. My G27 cycled many hundreds of rounds straight out of the box, without a cleaning or oiling. I finally decided to give it some TLC and clean it after about 500 drama-free rounds, mostly because I was cleaning some other pistols anyway.

Same with my G42. Picked it up at my LGS, walked out to their range and put several hundred rounds through it...a single FTE at about round 10, and then about 300 rounds without a failure until my range time ran out. Again, uncleaned, not oiled. This, in comparison to my Kahr 380, which required meticulous break-in, different mag followers, range sessions less than 100 rounds, specific ammo choices, etc etc...and still ended up back at Kahr for the same stuff you read about here time and again...FTF, light strikes, you name it. And this isn't to pick on Kahr. I had a Taurus TCP, 2 Ruger LCP IIs, a previous CW380, none of which were ever 100% for me. My Beretta Pico is a rock-solid 100% now, but it took two trips back to Beretta to get it right. Bottom line: I should have stuck with Glock at the beginning of my quest for the perfect 380 pistol.

Bottom line: IMHO, send your Glock back. Why should everyone else get to own an engineering marvel when you have to put up with an occasional failure? Like I said, let them figure it out.

The Glock is simple enough I'd try replacing stuff. Extractor, striker safety and spring etc.
    Problem is if it only acts up once in a couple hundred it will take alot of shooting to determine if you really got it.

We had an officer who couldn't get through a mag without an issue. Instructors brought it to me and told me to replace everything.
    I refused since I would never know which part was causing the issue. We'll do one piece at a time.

Turns out there was nothing wrong with the gun. I went to the range myself and there were several others there. I shot it fast, slow, I purposely limp wristed it, shot weak handed, I even shot the thing upside down and it never failed.
    I gave it to the guys up there and said everybody shoot this thing, no failures.

Turns out it was him. I don't know now what they did to change his grip but he's had now issues since.
    Still a mystery to me.

I agree they are ugly, we modified the grips on ours so the angle is better, still not perfect but they should run.
    It could be you just don't like it and you'd rather leave it in the drawer or safe and that's perfectly fine too.
    I got no issue with that at all.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    The Glock is simple enough I'd try replacing stuff. Extractor, striker safety and spring etc.
    There's a lot of truth to that.

Straight from the box, I'm batting .333 with Glock perfection:
    G27 - it has been a champ right from the get-go.
    G30SF - it had the failure to return to battery issue that plagued quite few folks back when it came out. If I remember correctly Glock would replace the SF with a regular G30 at the customer's request as they couldn't sort the issue out. Fortunately for me, in a Glock talk mega thread someone posted a solution that worked (replace the ejector housing with one from a G21 plus some polishing of the trigger bar) on my G30SF.
    G19 (Gen 3) - it had extraction/ejection issues that I fixed by replacing the MIM extractor. I also put an updated ejector housing in it, but didn't see much (if any) improvement with that.

I still have the G19 and the G27. I've had no further issues with the G19.

The G30SF was traded off. It worked fine after the FTRB issue was resolved, but I just didn't warm up to the aircraft carrier size slide on it. I briefly played with the thought of trying to find a G36 top end for it, but ended up just going in a different direction and purchased my CW45. The CW45 has morphed into one of my favorite handguns in .45ACP.

Regards,
    Greg

[<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Engineering marvel???????????? Now that's a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Engineering marvel???????????? Now that's a good one.

Sigh....

It's ok..................I don't think that there is a manufacturer out there that's hit the "perfection" plateau yet.