Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Desert Eagle 1911 markings?

Default Desert Eagle 1911 markings?

I am very interested in buying a DE 1911, seems like the best 1911 for the money. But i am not a fan of the billboard on the slide. I read somewhere they may have changed the newer guns? Is this true?

I haven't heard of any change myself. I have both the G full size and the C commander and both are excellent shooters. Probably the best of my meager accumulation of 1911's.

I wasn't a fan of it either but it don't even notice it now. I might have to get another one if they made a change, won't part with the ones I got though, they are really good.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well Dad had one and i can tell u other than the billboard on the slide
    The most accurate 1911 out of the box i have seen his was a Israel made

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

I just purchased a new 1911GSS. Already owned the 1911G. Both have the same markings which I don't find objectional at all. Outstanding firearms.

I didn't know they made a stainless steel one. Crap, another one to add to the list.

I love stainless.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by warbird1 View Post
    I just purchased a new 1911GSS. Already owned the 1911G. Both have the same markings which I don't find objectional at all. Outstanding firearms.
    Hey congrats on the stainless 1911G

If you don't mind, I've a couple of questions:
    Do you happen to know if the black parts are carbon steel or blackened stainless?
    Did you post photos of it anywhere?

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Have not taken any pictures of it. Sadly I don't know how to post them. I will have to see if I can find out the answer to the other question.

Quote Originally Posted by AugWest View Post
    I am very interested in buying a DE 1911, seems like the best 1911 for the money. But i am not a fan of the billboard on the slide. I read somewhere they may have changed the newer guns? Is this true?
    You're not the first to question the roll mark on the slide, but trust me when I say that once you rack the slide, which by the way moves like its on ball bearings (with no play), feel the crisp 3.5 lb. trigger with minimal creep and no over-travel and breaks like glass, and realize the accuracy potential (some folks are getting 1" groups from a bench at 25 yds.), then you will realize that roll mark is the most beautiful thing you have seen on a 1911 in your life.

They did do away with the billboard on the side. Just got this Friday.

All things so far tell me this is gonna be a shooter just like it's blued brother, I can feel it in my cells.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by basstracker17 View Post
    You're not the first to question the roll mark on the slide, but trust me when I say that once you rack the slide, which by the way moves like its on ball bearings (with no play), feel the crisp 3.5 lb. trigger with minimal creep and no over-travel and breaks like glass, and realize the accuracy potential (some folks are getting 1" groups from a bench at 25 yds.), then you will realize that roll mark is the most beautiful thing you have seen on a 1911 in your life.
    Could not agree more. Great for bowling pin competitions. Smooth as silk when racked. Outstanding trigger and accuracy!