Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Eagle lll

Default Baby Eagle lll

Guy's/Gal's

I have been a member here for a while, but never visit this site very much. Really the reason is that Kahr does not make a Pistol that really holds my fancy. I am not saying they are not good pistols. because they are know for their excellence, I just must have different tastes.

Anyway now to the talk part. I have always been interested in the CZ75B but I latterly have never seen one on the shelf at any of my LGS when looking for one. I started to order the Baby Eagle once but was talked out of it by my LGS employee because of my smaller hands. Length of pull was the question and he thought that for me it might be a little to big. I do a lot of business with them, so we talk a lot. Anyway I cancelled the order.

I was in the LGS the other day and low and behold they had a 40 cal. Baby Eagle on the shelf used. I had him get it out for me and it just felt really good in my hand. It was an older one that did not have the rail on the bottom of the dust cover. After debating about buying it in 40 Cal, I asked if he could get me a new Baby Eagle in 9mm steel framed FS. He checked and did find one. It is now on it's way to me. It should be in next week on Tuesday. I am very excited about this pistol. I really like the fact that it has a full length dust cover with rails, (un-like the polymer frame ones with out the full length rails) and also the rail under the barrel. Looking forward, I have been watching videos on the CZ 75B for a long time and these look like they are even improved on over the CZ's. I really also like the slide mounted Safety/De-cocker which is why I bought this over the CZ also.

SO now I should be on this site a lot more in the future and hope to learn about this pistol as I read all I can find on it.

Thanks for listening to my babble.

Pics are mandatory when it arrives. I don't have a Baby Eagle but the CZ platform is my most recent favorite to shoot.

Look forward to hear about your new pistol.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

When I get her I will definitely post some pictures. Thanks

You should not be disappointed. Fine firearms.

One thing that I have noticed. On the Baby Eagle III vs the Jericho Baby Eagle. The grip is not the same. I waited to feel a baby eagle because of my small hands. The LGS finally had a used 40 come in and it fit my smaller hands pretty good. I wanted mine in 9mm so I had the LGS order me one in 9mm. The Baby Eagle III has a humped back strap on the in tire grip almost, where the Jericho has a hump on the lower end of the grip. My hand fit the Jericho better than the BUL LTD. made one. I still like it but prefer the Jericho grip.

Just something I noticed.

Ok guy's/Gal's

Got the Baby Eagle to the range for the second time today. I was disappointed the first trip out. It seemed to shoot low right on everything I shot at. I am not new to guns so my trigger control was good and I am right handed.

Took her out again today after drifting the front sight just a hair to the right. This time I had no problem hitting what I was aiming at. It was just a tad low at 15 and 25 yards but the left to right was dead on. I really enjoyed shooting this pistol today. I think next go around I will try some 124 grain instead of 115 and see if that helps with the low part of the shooting. Really was not that low today just a tad.

Here are a few pictures of her. It is the Baby Eagle III. I like everything that this pistol offers over the CZ and or Jericho. Happy with it.

Thanks for the range report and the photos!
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Mine shot low and right as well. Corrected the windage, and just found a rear sight that should correct the elevation issue. Great pistol. Mine is in .45. When I get the sight mounted successfully I will post results.

Thanks Bob,

I think I will have to call Magnum Research and see if they have a shorter front sight.

I like the look of the grip. Looks nice and thin.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/