Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CM 9 Upgrades

Default CM 9 Upgrades

Both of these may be in the "no brainer" catagory but I'll ask anyway. Since many of these pistols cycling issues seem to be do to cracking/breaking magazine followers, should I replace them with the Lakeline units ? Second and final (maybe): should I replace the plastic striker guide with Galloway's SS unit ? I don't shoot this gun much but I carry it more than any others I own so it HAS TO WORK, period.

TIA Pete

Does your firearm work properly????????????? If it does, then why make a change????????Peace of mind????????????

Peace of mind yes. Metal usually outlasts plastic.

Most of the follower issues are in the 40's. And I think it's a just a small percentage of the guns where the feed ramp is left just a bit long.
    If you do bust one some of the feed ramp should be removed, but the Lakeline followers are the ticket for several reasons. Metal, feeding, just good stuff. If the ramp is left long they will survive better but will get beat up.

I've never heard of anyone having issues with the plastic striker guide. Never heard of the metal replacement. That would fit in the peace of mind category too. Not a bad thing at all. Doubt you'd have issues anyway but might be comforting.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Most of the follower issues are in the 40's. And I think it's a just a small percentage of the guns where the feed ramp is left just a bit long.
    If you do bust one some of the feed ramp should be removed, but the Lakeline followers are the ticket for several reasons. Metal, feeding, just good stuff. If the ramp is left long they will survive better but will get beat up.

I've never heard of anyone having issues with the plastic striker guide. Never heard of the metal replacement. That would fit in the peace of mind category too. Not a bad thing at all. Doubt you'd have issues anyway but might be comforting.
    This exactly

......oh, I'd also consider replacing the plastic front sight.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    This exactly

......oh, I'd also consider replacing the plastic front sight.
    Regards,
    Greg
    Plastic front sight would be high on my to do list as well.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Kahr Night Sight already installed : )
    Unfortunately mag followers are out of stock : (
    For the very modest cost of the striker guide ($15) it's a done deal. They show one out of a .40 with 500 rounds on it and it's pretty beat up. Gentlemen, thank you !

Al is never out of the followers for very long. I'm sure he'll have some in fairly quickly.
    They must be selling well for him and that's a good thing.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Al is never out of the followers for very long. I'm sure he'll have some in fairly quickly.
    They must be selling well for him and that's a good thing.
    They must be really good then : )

Thanks Bawana !

can't say I have ever read of a broken striker guide. Plastic followers are in many sei's. My glock 43 has a plastic follower and there is zero reason for one to break unless sumpin is beating it like hell and then you cannot blame the follower. Installing a stell follower with a feed ramping still beating the dog **** out of it will IMO down the road cause issues. They are not supposed to be touching each other.. Send the fokker back tokahr and get it fixed right, then if you feel steel is better than plastic buy the follower and your good to go..The early glock 42 and even 43's had issues with feeding etc and glock made at least two mag changes, and marked the mag so that one will know if he has the laters out.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY