Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CW9 trigger guard fix?

Default CW9 trigger guard fix?

I posted this in the wrong section first time. I pinch my trigger finger on the bottom of the CW9
    trigger guard. Can the guard be heated to take out the hump?

I don't know, but that little hump is pretty annoying in my CW45. Looks kinda odd too.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Following cheiffels' lead, I posted a reply in the PM/CM section. If you check it, you will find not only some infinite wisdom, but many correctly-spelled words ;^D

Quote Originally Posted by chieffels View Post
    I posted this in the wrong section first time. I pinch my trigger finger on the bottom of the CW9
    trigger guard. Can the guard be heated to take out the hump?
    It's plastic, so I imagine with enough heat it can be reshaped. Structural strength afterwards, who knows?

If I may suggest something else:
    My trigger finger would be slightly irritated after shooting my CW9. Instead of this being a result of pinch, I found that my finger rubbing on the seam line inside the trigger guard to be the main culprit. I also think the sharp leading edge of the Kahr trigger might have been a contributing factor.
    My solution was to eliminate the seam line where my finger rubbed on it and to break that front edge of the trigger.
    Here's the trigger guard post op:

Here's the edge I rounded on the trigger:

Perhaps doing one of these (or both) operations might give your trigger finger some relief.

BTW, welcome to the forums

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by finpro View Post
    Following cheiffels' lead, I posted a reply in the PM/CM section. If you check it, you will find not only some infinite wisdom, but many correctly-spelled words ;^D
    Just found your post there...looks like we are of a like mind on the trigger
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Still, I wonder why Kahr puts that little bump there. Must be a reason..

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    It's plastic, so I imagine with enough heat it can be reshaped. Structural strength afterwards, who knows? If I may suggest something else: My trigger finger would be slightly irritated after shooting my CW9. Instead of this being a result of pinch, I found that my finger rubbing on the seam line inside the trigger guard to be the main culprit. I also think the sharp leading edge of the Kahr trigger might have been a contributing factor. My solution was to eliminate the seam line where my finger rubbed on it and to break that front edge of the trigger. Here's the trigger guard post op: Here's the edge I rounded on the trigger: Perhaps doing one of these (or both) operations might give your trigger finger some relief. BTW, welcome to the forums Regards, Greg
    Greg, I did the same thing to my CW380 at the inner surface of the plastic trigger guard. Sanded the whole thing smooth. I may do the trigger edge-- though on the 380, it is actually the top edge of the trigger that gets me.

I had to do that with my Glock 19, for the seam inside the triggerguard was abrading my finger. Thank goodness plastic is so easy to sand/shape and doesn't require any refinishing afterwards.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll try some heat and do the sanding idea.

I suggest you try the sanding and polishing approach first. If heat damaged the serialized frame, which defines this as a firearm, it would be, at least, very expensive to replace it. If you check the Kahr website, you will not see frames for sale. Good luck.