Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Carry Knife

Cool Favorite Carry Knife

Carried the middle one for several years now. Only recently switched to the bottom one as the blade is much thinner and lighter overall. Haven't found the right piece of antler yet to make the handle right.

Greg is directly responsible for this picture. I'm attending meetings seeking a cure. Fortunately the lady that owns the company likes me and sends me some once in awhile for free. I could never afford my habit otherwise.
    Another of the many addictions Greg bestowed upon me.

And granddaughter protecting the work bench from industrial espionage.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I guess I'm more of a mainstream products kind of guy. My two favorite carry knives are both Benchmades. They're both variations of the same design, the 940 Osborne series. The 940-1 (the one with the carbon fiber scales) is my favorite by a photo finish. It has edged out (edged out...heh) my previous favorite the Osborne 943. The 940-1 has one of the newer "super steel" formulations, S90V. Sucker is a bear to sharpen, but stays sharp seems like forever once you get there. Paid nearly $300 for it. Benchmades don't come cheap, but they're nowhere near some of the high-end custom makers. If I lost or broke either of them, I would immediately buy an exact replacement. Whatever your favorite knife is, once you catch the bug, the sickness sets in and just gets worse. There was a time I would have laughed in your face if you told me I would be spending that kind of money on a knife. Now I'm wondering "how high is up".
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

I love my COUNTRY...but I don't trust my GOVERNMENT.

The one I like the most,

The one I use the most,

"Never pet a burning dog"

By default, because the others seem to gone missing, I have a Zero-Tolerance model that I carry everywhere, especially when travelling out of state/ country where the gun laws are stupid and cruel. I also like Emerson CQC, Benchmark.. have had several over the years. If I could have every EDC I've lost or had wandered off, I could arm a small city and take over the neighboring towns. I mostly use them for cutting sandwiches, opening packages. I want an OTF model but most decent options are the price of a handgun so it's hard to pull trigger there, plus it might be overkill for most common uses.

Not to mention illegal in everyplace I can think of unless your a cop.

I'd love one myself but have no idea what I need it for, just cause it's cool I guess.

I've left folder pretty much behind. I do have an SOG Pentagon Elite that I keep in my bag.
    Also a little folder that Greg sent me long ago. Can't remember the brand but it's a great small little folder.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I may be wrong but I think I can carry an OTF legally with a CCW, in Iowa anyway. It would still have use if it was just my 'in-state' knife but if I lost it, I'd be heart-broken.. which is the same reason I wear gas station sunglasses.

That's the way it should be. Ours used to be that way, it was concealed weapon permit, now it's conceal pistol permit and doesn't cover knives. I don't think we could ever carry OTF's.

I've had the same sunglasses for 20 years. Just lucky I never lost them I guess.

I did lose a favorite little Kershaw folder some years back for 2 or 3 years.. Turns out if fell through the floor boards of my little boat. Fortunately a few years later a little bass did the same thing. It got rather ripe so I pulled the floor boards up, to get the ripe bass out and in the process located my knife. Still in my bag today. The bass, not so much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Well my favorite is a zero tolerance 0303 ....it is my favorite

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

I too carry knives as tools. I am not in any way a knife fighter, unless there's no place to run or anything else to fight with.

I carry by knife on my left side. I call it my get off me knife. I can access it to use for stabbing the hand that's trying to grab my gun, hopefully their hand and not my own.

It's overkill the knife I carry but I like it a lot and I could probably pry a car door open with it without damage.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan