Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Differences in MK models, year to year?

Default Differences in MK models, year to year?

I've been reading some bits about different handles for different MK models, based on year made.. I'm looking at used MK9, standard and elite models.. From model inception to now, have there been any substantial function/form changes in the gun? Any years that have issues?

GAXXX serial numbers have few grip choices. The earlier grips were thicker and the wood and G10 grips are not compatible with the GA serial numbers.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Do you recall what year those came out?

Nope. But, the serial numbers are on the side of all the pistols. So, if you have a photo showing the right side, you can read if it is a GA serial number.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

I believe that the GC & LTD serial numbers are also different in their design by the grip/frame. The LTD models came out in 2000/2001. They were making slight changes at this time. No one knows why. It's one of those mysteries

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I believe that the GC & LTD serial numbers are also different in their design by the grip/frame. The LTD models came out in 2000/2001. They were making slight changes at this time. No one knows why. It's one of those mysteries
    Whats different on the GC models? I own a GC that was purchased in October 2010 brand new (so I assume manufactured in either '09 or '10). It has fit Al's G10s and I had wood grips on it before. The only thing was the tritinium night sights from Kahr had to be slightly sanded and beaten to fit into place!

Thanks,

Nick

If you look in the new member sticky's, you will find that GC serial numbers go from 1998, then jump to 2000 to 2008. There still are many older Kahr's floating around that are still new in box. Mine is an example. Mine was 11 years old when purchased new in box.

[<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

The K series is very similar also. My brand new K9 is the old style grip. I don't recall the serial number prefix. Get confused easily.

I've often pondered putting slim 1911 style bushings on a Kahr. Might make it even tougher to get it all fitted properly on the inside.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by nrccali View Post
    Whats different on the GC models? I own a GC that was purchased in October 2010 brand new (so I assume manufactured in either '09 or '10). It has fit Al's G10s and I had wood grips on it before. The only thing was the tritinium night sights from Kahr had to be slightly sanded and beaten to fit into place!

Thanks,

Nick
    Grips will not fit GA and LTD serial numbered firearms. It sucks, but I do like the older models more than the newer one's, so I guess it's a trade off for me.