Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop

View Poll Results: Which sites should i get?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bar Dot Sight

12 63.16%
  • Night Sight

7 36.84%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which sights?

Default Which sights?

i have decided to get my first Kahr, a P380 calfornia approved model

the models i can get are KP38233 or KP38233N, and i believe the difference between the two are just the night sight vs the bar dot.

So which one should i get? i want this gun for pocket carry if that matters.

thanks

Personally I'd get the bar dot. It's a tiny defense gun. Many have no sights at all. I like the bar dot factory set up.

Well look at that 100 percent like the bar dot. I guess it's a winner.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

^^^ I'll second that. My first two Kahrs had night sights but I've since developed an appreciation for the bar-dots. No reason to spend extra $$$ IMHO. The Colonel is right...it's an up-close-personal gun after all. You can always get a night-time front sight later if you are so inclined. Finally, the rear bar-dot is a little sleeker too. That could be good for the pocket?
    ​O|||||||O

Recently put the night sights on my CM9 (front and rear). I can see the sights fine, but I liked the bar/dot setup better. It's just easier for me to align. I may put the stock rear sight back on....

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

The California approved P380 has a loaded chamber indicator that pops up and blocks your sight alignment. I would just stick with the bar dot as its less expensive.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Unless you expect to clear darkened warehouses or chase down dangerous animals at night with a pocket .380 you don't need night sights on it.

Bar/dots for sure...................have that type of sights on all my firearms except one.....................................

Night sights are great for shooting under poor light conditions assuming you can determine your target and have the time to use the sights. Many confrontations take place at short distances where sights aren't even used. It's spray and pray time.
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat

if your use to bar/dot then get bar/dot, if your use to 3 dot then get 3 dot.
    As others said, your not going to have time to line up anything in self defense. If your being attacked, its going to be point and shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by robistro View Post
    If your being attacked, its going to be point and shoot.
    Night sights have their uses, but on a small pocket pistol if you're in a situation where you need them you're already in way over your head. If you're in a 7-11 late at night and two armed thugs walk in, one armed with a shotgun and the other with a hi-cap 9mm pistol you're more likely to be killed engaging them with your tiny little Kahr than saving your bacon. A pocket .380 is good for one or two lightly armed assailants, up close. If they're heavily armed or far enough away that you need to line up your sights then you're really pushing your luck. Because of that night sights on a pocket gun are not needed. If you've got $110 burning a hole in your pocket go ahead and buy them, but you won't be using them for what they were designed.