Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Confessional

Question Confessional

I really like buying new-to-me guns. But, when I look in the safe, there are really only a couple that I really "need" or use regularly. I'm better off selling a few. I need an intervention? But I'm not sure what kind:

1. the kind of intervention that cures me of my gun buying addiction... or
    2. the kind that cures me of my reservations about buying more guns and keeps the floodgates open so to speak

How about you? Have you all kept on accumulating beyond what you really need?
    ​O|||||||O

I've started to settle on my current collection.
    Not ever interested in selling anything.
    And I'll still buy something I really want it.
    But the rampant buying spree I've been on? It's over...
    Hard to justify more guns when I've already got a great selection

If Kahr produces a K45...
    All bets are off!

Well you could think like this, When the SHTF guns will be like money in the bank. You can sell, trade or use them yourself to keep your family safe. Money will be secondary, it could lose its value, guns won't. Interest rates are so low that savings accounts hardly make anything. Guns increase in value and when things really get bad or new guns are finally banned it will be to late to buy and the market value of the ones you have will skyrocket. So if you can, load your safe with guns and ammo. That's what I recommend.

There is no cure, put that idea out of your mind. Don't sell nothing. Your ok. Trust me on this.

I have exactly what you have, maybe even worse.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thumbs up

^^^ dang Ikeo! That's some righteous thinking right there.
    ​O|||||||O

B4,
    I just sold one of my Kahrs. I finally looked at my cache and realized that this "collection" is a bit excessive or maybe compulsive. For me, again... for me, I am in a streamlining and simplifying stage in my life. If I think I have too many of something, I obviously do. Its my thought and feeling-- no one else's. Everyone has their own comfort level. You captain your ship. For some 1 gun is enough. Fo rmany here, if you can fit more in your safe, then it isn't enough and for some, if you still can find your TV, then there is room for more. If you have to ask, you know the answer.
    oxo
    Dr. Phil
    I am the Living Man

I went on all types of sprees in the past few years, guns/bikes/knives/motorcycles... but starting to consider a move and at the least, getting back to basics.. I'm looking at all my stuff and wondering what I really need.. I've started selling things I thought I wanted but never really utilized or just don't need. I'm still on gunquest, the search for the gun set that completes me emotionally and otherwise ;D.

After a few years of Glocks, I am out of them, for now. I don't want to carry .380 anymore, so all those are going bye bye too. The 'better than nothing' quotient will be, at minimum, 9mm for now on. I don't think I can part with any revolvers but other things are less dear to me and will be ushered towards the door. Getting rid of stuff is liberating, though some of the $ has gone back into other guns.. like my new-to-me MK9e. <3

^^^I get what you are say'n
    I am the Living Man

^^^ truth. I'm not ready to quit buying but I've become more selective. And I've developed a sell one buy one strategy that's keeping a lid on the expense. That might be the greatest liberation in finally letting some guns go = liberating some funds to go buy more.
    ​O|||||||O

yeah me too. Stop buy'n? Kill me. Got to have some fun.
    I am the Living Man