Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Picked up a PM9 to compare to my P290RS

Default Picked up a PM9 to compare to my P290RS

I've heard mostly good things about Kahr PM9 an CM9 guns but I've never had any Kahr guns or even shot one before. None of the local ranges have one to rent so I had been looking for one used for awhile to try out. I finally found a used PM9 on armslist that was in great shape for a reasonable price and picked it up last weekend. It came with the original box, paper work, 6 round magazine and (3) 7 round magazines so that was a nice bonus. It looks almost new, even though the original receipt shows that it was bought new in 2011.

I read the Kahr manual then found several posts on this forum showing all the lube points on a Kahr and how to clean the striker channel. The striker channel was pretty dirty, some crud came out initially when I shot brake cleaner through it. I cleaned and lubed everything as described in the diagram I found online before taking it to the range.

I went to the range yesterday and I'm very impressed. The PM9 ran flawlessly with 3 different types of ammo. It was very accurate too especially for a gun of it's size. Recoil isn't too bad, I realize it isn't a range gun but I would have no issues putting a couple hundred rounds through it in a range trip.

For anyone interested, I also have a Sig P290RS that I took to the range at the same time to compare. I like the Sig but the trigger is hard to get used to. I have trouble shooting consistantly with the P290RS due to the trigger pull being so long and heavy. I shot the Kahr much better, had tighter groupings etc. I'm sure they are both very accurate... much more accurate than I am but I find the Kahr easier for me to to shoot accurately and consistantly. The P290RS has a little less recoil than the PM9 probably because the p290RS is heavier. I like that the P290RS is hammer fired, just a personal preference because that is what I'm used to....all my other guns are hammer fired. The sights are both are pretty good on both, I really don't have a preference between the two on that other than the Sig has night sights. I like both guns but I would give a slight edge to the PM9 because I shoot it better and I like the feel of the trigger more.

I love Sigs, but the P290, never seemed right to my Large hands. I bought the P938 and like it a lot. That and my K9 are my carries.
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

Quote Originally Posted by downtownv View Post
    I love Sigs, but the P290, never seemed right to my Large hands. I bought the P938 and like it a lot. That and my K9 are my carries.
    I would like to try a 938 too. I prefer no safety on a carry gun though, but I'm sure I could get used to it.

The 938 is carried like a 1911 cocked locked and loaded....
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

I owned a P290rs but sold it when I got my CM9. I liked the Sig and the trigger didn't bother me, although I must say I love Kahr triggers. The Sig didn't seem that much bigger than the Kahr but the added thickness and weight was noticeable.