Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun

Thread: What HP ammo runs flawless in the CT45?

Default What HP ammo runs flawless in the CT45?

I placed an order for a new CT45 this afternoon. I'm going to use (hard ball) FMJs for the 200 round break-in period, then switch to defensive HP rounds afterwards.

So in your instances, which HPs ran well (no hiccups) and which ones should I avoid?
    Are any of-you CT45 owners running hardball for defensive ammo? If so, which brands do you like?

Each handgun may vary on what it likes....I would test your defensive handgun with at least 100 rounds of your serious social purpose ammo in addition to your 200 rounds of fmj. My personal CT 45 has run very well with Federal 230 gr Hydra Shok HST1, Speer 200 gr +P JHP, and Remington 230 gr HTP. All with the factory mag and 8 round 1911 ACT mags. Again, that's my pistol. The barrel has been throated. Yours may be different, it may not. Only way to find out is shoot it. Keep good records.
    Bill

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Thanks!
    In researching the web, the CT45 seems to like the Federal HST 230s and the Speer Gold Dots 230s the best.
    I found a website yesterday that sells many (non-bulk) HPs in 45 ACP pretty cheap. They have 55 offerings.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/index.php/cName/45-acp-hollow-point

Youtube.com is your friend. Look at Shooting the Bull's videos and other there.

For excellent ammo prices and service try SGAMMO.com

My TP45 is very much like your CT45. Mine likes Federal HST 230 grain, Never a hiccup. Seems to hit the top of many ammo tests. I like them in 50 round boxes, P45HST2.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!
    this space for rent

I found two boxes (100) Remington UMC FMJs 230s on sale today. I'm hoping the new Kahr likes them later this week. I'm finally taking delivery of the new CT45 tomorrow evening. I have a Clinger Stingray IWB holster coming also.

The Federal HST HPs or the Remington HTPs sound like the ticket, once I get her broken-in (around 200 rounds).
    ammunitiontogo.com has a nice selection online. I will check out SGAMMO.com also..... thanks!