Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barrel defect - brand new cm45

Many shops don't allow a tear down inspection. All the ones I frequent have no issue but there are many who don't.

There are so many details to absorb when looking at a shiny new gun that a person most likely wouldn't even notice a tiny barrel flaw anyhow, or write it off as a piece of lint or something.

It's important to note that this stuff happens with everything made and assembled by humans. Toasters to lawn mowers, cars, you name it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Bawanna - Actually in my case the salesman said..."here, lets field strip this and look it over to check it out and so you know how to do it with this gun."

That's awesome and the way it should be in every shop. Sadly there are a few shops around where I think the went from selling used cars to guns and are pretty clueless.

In my very short time as a gun shop salesman I found myself inquisitive and wanted to dig into things to see what made them tick, for my own knowledge and passing on to customers.

Nobody knows everything about every gun there is. Well maybe Greg does but he's an exception.

That's a good shop, support them all you can.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default Barrel defect - brand new cm45

I purchased a smith and wesson 6946 from gander mountain and I asked the guy if I could field strip it and he said "I don't think you should do that". I did it anyways because it was a used gun from the early 90's... this CM45 is brand new and I assumed that it would be clear if defects... that's what I get for assuming... either way I'm sure kahr will make it right... I dropped it off at fed-ex about an hour ago... we will see... i didn't buy this particular gun from my regular gun shop that I frequent, my regular shop is very good about letting ya look over guns before purchase...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just received the barrel today, it looks like a good barrel this time, gonna go shoot it within the next few days...

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Did you end up sending in the barrel only or the slide and the barrel?
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Slide and barrel... very tight fit, needs to be broken in...

Shoots fine, turning out to be a nice little gun... only 150 rounds through it, needs more