Magnum Research new   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CW380 clipdraw?

Quote Originally Posted by dsk View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that shoving a Kahr (or any other striker-fired auto) in the waistband without a holster is a bad idea?
    No, you're not..............

Double sided tape and a firearm? Not a good combination.

With all the myriad of carry options available, this has to be near the bottom of the list of options - right above using duct tape to stick it to your back....

Maybe we should have a look at the versacarry. I bought one a few years ago for my Shield, and while it worked after a while the gun would start to dig into spare tire a bit and get uncomfortable. I tried it with my ct380 and it works great and is reasonably comfortable being a smaller, thinner, lighter weapon than the Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBoldPilot View Post
    Definitely not. Just like shoving a pistol into a pocket without a pocket holster. Seems like an accident waiting to happen.
    With a trigger stop behind the trigger, the gun is inert. It's not possible to press the trigger far enough to fire with a stop installed no matter how hard you press it. I have several stops made by garrison grips, they are pricey for a piece of rubber but I think they are a good option for going without a holster.

You can make your own out of a wine cork if you are cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by dsk View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that shoving a Kahr (or any other striker-fired auto) in the waistband without a holster is a bad idea?
    You're not alone. A pocket or waist-band holster provides many more functions than a convenient place to mount a clip. As noted, a correct holster protects the trigger but also covers other controls. It keeps lubricant in and dust & other debris away from the gun. It helps conceal. It provides consistent access to the pistol grips.

Sounds like a fun project but I might try a pistol w/ a factory clip like a Curve at a gun store before modifying a gun that I own. See if it works for you...

So long as you had a Raven type trigger holster to keep the trigger from being actuated.