Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun

Thread: CM40 questions

Default CM40 questions

I just purchased a used CM40, I have had a CM9 at one time so I have some experience with Kahr's.

What weight bullet for target shooting?
    What is a good Self defense load for reliable feeding and efficiency in the short barrel?

I have cleaned and lubed the CM40, the gun has a low round count, I am not sure it is broke in yet.

It came with two 5 round magazines and a Galco hybrid holster all for $250, I really wanted a CM9 but could not pass up the price I hope the CM40 will be as good of gun as the CM9.

Anyone with a 40 cal. Kahr I would like to know how your experience has been.

Hey Steve,

I've had a couple. Currently a P40 and a K40 prior. Both seemed most accurate with 155 and 165 gr target ammo. I mostly shoot Federal or Blazer brass. I'm carrying Remington Golden Saber hollow points. I read somewhere that they perform well from shorter barrels. But mostly I bought them because they come 25 per box compared to 20 with others.

Enjoy your .40. Just keep a lookout for broken followers. There are threads about that here. It's probably been corrected by now but, if your CM40 is older, it might need a little material trimmed from the feed ramp.

Great deal BTW.

P.S. are you really from "that state up north"?
    ​O|||||||O

I am really from Michigan.

What's the recoil like on the CM40, I had a CW40 and recoil was crazy, I ditched it shortly after shooting it.

Quote Originally Posted by MichSteve View Post
    I am really from Michigan.
    I can't say that word. No offense. 😉
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by Decado View Post
    What's the recoil like on the CM40, I had a CW40 and recoil was crazy, I ditched it shortly after shooting it.
    .40 is not for everyone I admit. I've done well with it.
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by Decado View Post
    Everyone has their definition of crazy................I must be crazy, because it's my favorite caliber.

Did you buy it on GunBroker? I was watching a similar item and was pretty impressed/ jealous at such a great deal.

I bought it locally, I was looking for a CM9 and this CM40 came up. I came with a Galco Hybrid Holster.
    Attached Images Attached Images

^^^ nice! It's small and light = exactly what you DON'T want in a .40. But, when you get used to it, it will make a great carry. Work on your shooting form. Lock your wrists. That is key. And sometimes it's hard to keep it stable in your hands. Even with a death grip. You may want to try a shooting glove at first. The more you shoot it the better. Enjoy!
    ​O|||||||O