Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new

Thread: CM 40 first time at range

Default CM 40 first time at range

I purchased a CM 40 used in very good condition, I was concerned after having CM 9 and PM 9 that the 40 cal. Would be unpleasant to shoot.

I did put a Hogue JR slip on grip and went to the range, I did not find the recoil to be that much more than the 9mm, I shot 60 rounds of 165 FMJ and then the carry ammo Hornady Critical Duty 175 grain all were accurate and not jams or FTF. If I had more time I could have fired another 100 rounds with no problems from the recoil.

I am very pleased and plan to carry it for CC and for a trip to North Carolina in the Boone area where I hear bear are frequent, we are staying in a log cabin outside of town and the information from the rental agency said to use the inground trash containers with the lock down lid because bears are there every night.

I think the 40 cal is as powerful as a 357 snubbie and holds one more round. I was looking at Ballistics By the Inch website and verified the two.

Congrats on the find.

I live about 2 hours from Boone, my wife and I go up that way in the summer, it's a tad cooler and the skeeters are smaller. The bears are brown bears, and are really just scavengers, they have learned that humans have goodies, they usually run away if they see a human. Don't shoot one unless you are actually in a bad situation. North Carolina honors all other state carry permits, if you don't have a permit, read up on the automobile law, it's different than most places. Gun has to be in plain site.
    NRA Benefactor

Thanks for the information about the bears, I do not want to shoot one.

I am more worried about the trip on the way down, I do have a Michigan Carry Permit and it is honored all the way there.

Enjoy your trip. Glad to hear that cm40 is working for you.
    ​O|||||||O