Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading Comprehension

Default Reading Comprehension

I did a little dabbling on another forum recently...gave it the college try...entered a couple-three hundred posts...asked some questions...gave some feedback...spent some compliments...poked the bear a little bit...

And came to the conclusion that, in large, these guys either don't read previous posts or cannot comprehend them. I'm out.

Just to say that you guys and gals rock...and you're stuck with me for awhile.

Thanks!
    ​O|||||||O

This is the only forum I belong to....................................I had the same problems. It's pretty much a name calling event out there. If your patient, you can get the info you want on just about any firearm here.

why is it that my mind considers the terms reading comprehension and Jockos typing mutually incompatible

incompatible

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post
    why is it that my mind considers the terms reading comprehension and Jockos typing mutually incompatible

incompatible
    Speaking of Jocko, where has he disappeared off to?

I've been hangin' out on several different forums over the past 16 or 17 years - first it was Las Vegas message boards (total of 25,000+ posts), then a couple of Texas Longhorn sports boards (have a total of 36,000 posts on those). Later on got into some gun boards - 1911Forum was the first in 2003 - but KahrTalk has my largest number of gun posts.

Got into a couple of nasty flame wars on two different Vegas boards - there are some pretty bad a-holes online, and I don't brook any BS from them. But about 5 or 6 years ago I finally realized the stupidity of taking some of the crap seriously and started to mellow out a bit.

Made some pretty good friends on the Vegas boards though - we've had some pretty big meets on The Strip & Fremont Street over the years - early ones would be attended by 70 or 80 people, but lately it has dwindled to a dozen or two as many moved on or passed away. The sports board guys are mostly 30-40 years younger than me, so I've just attended a handful of their tailgates & Happy Hours. My favorite Texas sports board can be a really rough place to the uninitiated, and can get quite raunchy with the language.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Did you do any work while posting over 100,000 posts?

I belong to multiple gun fora. Here and the 1911 forum are the only two I visit with any frequency.

Think I heard somewhere jocko got crosswise with some Italian dudes when in Naples and was fitted for a pair of cement shoes.
    NRA Benefactor

25,000 post! Damn, that's a lot of post.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Jocko is Italian. He's familia. Capis?
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    25,000 post! Damn, that's a lot of post.
    Sez the guy with 23,000 posts
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

​O|||||||O