Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Got my Stolen K9 back today

Default Got my Stolen K9 back today

I just picked up my stolen Kahr K9 handgun from the St. Petersburg Police dept today. It was stolen by this Piece of **** that rode into my warehouse complex on a bicycle on July 23, 2009. My handgun was in my holster and in my desk draw. It was very hot that day and I took it off because I was working under my Car. I was just outside my warehouse door. This Thief snuck in through the other door and went into my office. He put his bike on the public bus bike rack. Came up to Largo (pretending to sell candy bars) to steal and then goes back on the bus to Ghetto St. Petersburg. I have been sick over this for the last 8 years. I have owned and carried it since 1996. Anyway. It is in good shape with some light surface rust. It is all fixed, oiled and back in its original box.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your durn lucky you got it back after all this time. Good for you.

And hats off to St Petersburg PD for getting it back to you. Doesn't always happen.

That was one of my favorite things when I did property and evidence. Giving recovered stuff back.

On one occasion we recovered 6 or 7 guns belonging to one guy. All covered with fingerprint powder and kind of a mess.
    I wasn't allowed to do anything to help for liability reasons if I messed something up.
    BUT I allowed the owner visitation rights and told him to bring his cleaning stuff and lots of oil.

It was a long time before he got them back but at least they weren't rusty junk when he got them.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

There is a God!
    Remember Muggsy. RIP Salty Dog. And the Tman

They no doubt didn't tell you if they recovered it off the same piece of ****?
    Doubtful, probably sold it to another piece of **** to buy drugs.

I had two guns stolen in an earlier life. I met an officer from the town I lived in at a New Years party. Mentioned it to him and told him I noticed other items missing after reporting the guns. Asked if it was worth adding them to the report. He said for sure do it, it was a pocket watch and some smaller items. He said that's the stuff they'll find on dirt bags, seldom find the guns.
    He had to leave the party early because he had to work the next morning.

As fate would have it his very first stop the next morning and search incident to arrest, he found my watch and several of the smaller items. I begged, pleaded and tried to bribe to get info on the guns as I knew the same dude had to have them or information but he couldn't help.
    Through some third party investigation a admin worker close to the chief confirmed she had seen my guns on the chiefs desk. I inquired countless times to the status which was frustrating since I knew they had them. Without outing the admin worker I couldn't do much.
    Never did get them back. There was a lot of corruption at that time. Probably still is far as that goes.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I had a Browning Hi-Power in 40 S&W and a Smith Model 66 (no dash, for those that care) stolen about that same time as yours was. I keep getting paperwork to fill in from the PD asking if I turned them in to insurance or anything, but no news on their whereabouts. You're lucky to have recovered your Kahr! Congrats on that.

PD has to confirm that guns are still in fact stolen. I can't remember if it's annually or longer than that. Basically they are purging the system. Sometimes an owner recovers their gun and don't bother to tell the PD, so once in awhile they send out a letter asking if it's still stolen. It stays in the system until they tell it otherwise.
    If you turned it into insurance they are no longer concerned as you no longer own it, the insurance company does. I've never run across that on guns but other property items many times.
    The insurance company usually doesn't even want the property they paid for.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Glad it is home.

Too bad he didn't try to eat the working end of it...
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

Thanks guys. I reported it stolen to the Pinellas County Sheriffs office. It was listed on the FDLE website for almost 8 years. I am glad that that the St. Petersburg Police Dept was honest about it and did Not keep my gun. Thats too bad that You did Not get your guns back from the Police dept. My gun was checked thru ballistics and it was Not used in a crime. The property and evidence dept called me on March 1st. It took the legal dept 2 months to release it. I still had the original bill of sale for the gun from 1996. I went thru hell trying to find this guy after he stole my gun. Looking thru Florida Prison Inmate pictures online, etc. The pain in my chest stayed with me for many months after it was stolen. I have carried a gun for 32 years and I am never careless with my firearms. This guy caught me off guard and I got Pinched. I consider myself very lucky to get it back. I went to my local shooting range and it performed flawlessly. Its weird. I am so comfortable and dead balls accurate with this K9. Much more than my PM9 or any other handgun. I feel like I got my right hand back. I dont mind the extra weight and I will carry it every day. And I will watch it like a Hawk.
    Last edited by flashman; 05-06-2017 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bills1873 View Post
    There is a God!
    Always has been...always will be!