Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TP45 perfection!

Quote Originally Posted by wrfabus View Post
    To get the slide stop out easier:
    1. Make sure the pistol is clear of ammunition
    2.Take an empty magazine and push it into the magazine well until you feel it just touch the slide stop..Don't go any further with the magazine.
    3.Hold the pistol in your right hand in a firing grip with your trigger finger pressing on the protruding slide stop pin on the right side of the pistol.
    4. While keeping pressure on the slide stop pin with your trigger finger, pull the slide back to align the marks on the slide while using your chest/belly to press the magazine up into the mag well until the slide stop pin just pops out.
    5. Remember to remove the magazine BEFORE attempting to take the slide off of the frame to disassemble.
    It may take a try or 2 and you will get a feel for how much pressure you need to use to press with your trigger finger on the pin, but it pops out pretty easily. This method saves the four handed method and plastic mallets flattening fingers.

Bill
    I keep forgetting to try this method. I'm anxious to see if it works.
    I don't have any trouble, I just hold the slide lined up in my left hand and give the pin a light tap with my plastic faced ''small" hammer. Once it pops just a tiny bit your home free.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

On my older more used Kahrs .I can just pull the lever out. When still new and tight, I use the corner of the ejected mag to push from the pin side

You can also press the take down pin against something firm and slowly pull back the slide or, starting with the slide locked open, slowly allow it to move forward. The corner of a workbench or a piece of wood in a vice works. You can also make a wedge to fit into the open slide and which can be adjusted until it holds the slide open to where the take down lines meet. Once set, press or tap the pin. It also helps to polish the pin with emery paper or metal polish. With a few removals of the pin, the problem should go away.
    Last edited by finpro; 05-05-2017 at 09:03 AM.

Up to 600 flawless rounds. Starting to loosen up. Installed a stainless guide rod. It saw the first factory rounds today, Federal HST. Still perfect without a hiccup.