CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cw40 or cw9 for edc?

Default cw40 or cw9 for edc?

First off I would like to say I'm new to this sight. And dont own a Khar yet. I'm looking to either get a cw9 or cw40. For edc' I'm currently edc-ing a g23 and its just to Heavy for me for all day carry. I have a bad back. So I'm really sold on em and have done a lot of research on em. And I know about the break in period. But would love to hear from owners of them both pros and con's if you will.. Thank you.

You shouldn't have any troubles with either of the CW's. Personally I'm a 45 guy but if it were me I'd get the CW9.
    Small light gun, and more comfy to shoot. Many here love the 40 and I do too in a full size gun.
    The break in isn't a for sure thing either, some run fine and dandy right out of the box. Others need a little love.

There's lots of good help here if you need it. I think you'll enjoy the CW.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

While I've had a P9 & a CW9, for that sized pistol I like the S&W Shield much better. I personally feel it's a much better pistol for the money. Size wise, weight wise and cost wise, they are pretty comparable. I believe S&W has a $75 rebate until June 30th on them. By the way, I still have a CW380 & a CM9.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    ... Many here love the 40...
    Colonel, I think you overestimate the number of us .40 lovers. I suspect we are in the minority.

OP, if you are already comfortable shooting .40, that's what I recommend in that frame size. If not, stick with the 9mm. Good bullet design has made 9mm a very good option. And it does shoot much softer. JMO.

I carry a P40 but switch to a PM9 when I want the smaller size for concealment. I don't need a P9 or CW9 because I can control a .40 fine in that size. But, in the PM CM size, .40 is a little too much and I back down to 9mm. Everyone needs to figure that out for themselves I guess.
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by markman View Post
    While I've had a P9 & a CW9, for that sized pistol I like the S&W Shield much better. I personally feel it's a much better pistol for the money. Size wise, weight wise and cost wise, they are pretty comparable. I believe S&W has a $75 rebate until June 30th on them. By the way, I still have a CW380 & a CM9.
    LOL, thanks for reminding me I still have a 9mm Shield; it's been tucked away in the safe for so long I had forgotten about it.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I shoot 9mm out of my Kahr MK9 because I believe that other firearms handle .40 cal better, and the other firearms are still compacts.

I EDC a CW40. Haven't had an issue with controllability when I shoot it, with any bullet weight but mostly 165- and 180- grain. I find it quite easy to conceal.

Had the CW40, was a bit snappy. Love my CW9, carry it all day and can shoot it all day as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem carrying my P40. The heavy recoil spring handles the .40 well IMHO. Recoil is not a problem for me.

How do you conceal a CW9 without printing or wearing an untucked shirt?
    "Love Your Neighbor as Yourself" - Jesus
    "Don't Tread on Me" - The 1775 Gadsden Flag
    "No Stronger Retrograde Force Exists in the World" - Winston Churchill re:Islam