Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which magazine for P380?

Default Which magazine for P380?

i just bought a P380, now i have to wait 10 days to get it and try it out (calfornia)

It came with two magazines, one 6 round, one 7 with the grip extension.
    grip extensions dont work for me due to my front pocket carry, its just a bit too much.

But the 7 round capability sounds great

Looking at the Kahr website, they list three magazines; 6 round, 7 round with grip extension, and a 7 round WITHOUT grip extension.
    but there are no specs (not even a picture), so i cant tell if the 7 round w/o extension is longer than the 6 round version. anyone know? for all i know its just a stock 6 round mag with magguts or equivalent internals.

Also saw the maggut magazine internals to convert the normal 6 to 7. and maggut products seem to get good reviews.

i need two flush type magazines, and i would like them to be 7 rounds, so i guess the choice is either buy the Kahr K387 (IF it fits flush) or get another K386 and buy a couple maggut internals.

any guidance on this? trying to make my wait time productive

thanks

I'm not sure what the Kahr 7 round without grip extension would be, guessing just a naked one like the 6 round but sticking out and longer?

I converted both of my 6 round mags to 7 round with the Magguts kits, and both have worked flawlessly. Been though about 400 rounds now with those two mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 7 round, 380 magazine with grip extension and 7 round WITHOUT the grip extension have magazine tubes that are the same length (both longer than the 6 round magazine).
    The "grip extension" is a floor plate that covers more of the magazine and does not provide any extra rounds itself.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    The 7 round, 380 magazine with grip extension and 7 round WITHOUT the grip extension have magazine tubes that are the same length (both longer than the 6 round magazine).
    The "grip extension" is a floor plate that covers more of the magazine and does not provide any extra rounds itself.

Regards,
    Greg
    Thanks!

that picture explains it all. Guess i need to order another 6 round mag from Kahr and a couple magguts kits.

The 7-round w/o extension is for the larger CT380. Your solution would be a standard 6-round with the MagGuts kits. While pricey, I can all but guarantee you won't be disappointed in them as long as you are careful to install them in the magazine the correct way.

just ordered a new 6 round mag from ebay and 2 magguts kits. Ill probably have the mags converted before the gun gets out of jail lol.

thank for all the help.

Congrats on the purchase! After my last range trip using the stock mags and a MagGuts converted mag, I found that I really liked having that extra round. I went ahead and ordered a second 6 to 7 conversion, and a 7 to 8 round conversion for the 7 round magazine that came with the P380 as well.

Honestly I wish Kahr would ship their pistols with two 6-rounders instead of one 6 and one 7-rounder. You buy a P380 because of its compactness, and the 7-rounder that came with mine is never used except at the range. I also dislike using it because the extension doesn't seem to support my pinky very well.

I'm a big fan of the Magguts system. All of my 6 rounder mags for my P380 have Magguts, making them 7 rounder mags in the original 6 rounder size. I've not had any magazine related malfunctions since I started using the Mgguts with my P380. Maggots actually sloved some of the feeding and slide stop issues with my P380.

I installed the Magguts on 2 of my ct380 mags and they have worked perfectly. Now my little ct380 has 8 plus 1 capacity. Like the steel follower also.