Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new

Thread: Baby Eagle III 45 problems

Default Baby Eagle III 45 problems

Hello everyone, new to the site.

I just received my BE 45 full size steel in .45 ACP. Did basic field strip and cleaning.

Took to the range and problems started immediately. Pulled trigger, click, no bang. Manually cycled out and saw a dent in the primer. Fired on the next round but did not load a new round. This went off and on for 2 mags including a stove pipe here and there. First thought, bad ammo...

Switched from Freedom 230 FMJ (new ammo) to Fiocchi 230 FMJ. Same thing not quite as bad. Bought a box of Winchester White Box, same issue. I fired all 3 brands ammo thru a Glock and my buddy with a 1911 with no issue. Ammo seems fine..

Called up MR and have sent the gun in for warranty repair.

Anyone else having problems with the BE III like this?

I really want to like this gun. Feels great in the hand, very accurate when it fired.

Please let us know what they say. Sometimes new guns have alot of grease/gunk in the firing pin chambers (ive seen this on a new Glock), which could slow firing pin release. Try cleaning the firing pin chamber. It disassembles like a 1911 on these.

good news! I got the gun back from MR and tried it out this past weekend. Functioned flawlessly with 3 different ammo brands, all 230 FMJ on 2 diff shoots with a good cleaning in between.

I am curious as to what they did and will find out but for now, a happy camper.

Got word back from MR on what they did to my gun to get it going:

REMOVED BURR FROM TRIGGER BAR- ADJUSTED MAGAZINE FEED LIPS- GAUGED DECOCKER

Sounds good! I'm looking for one in my area.