Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace

Thread: Range day for CT 380 Tungsten

Default Range day for CT 380 Tungsten

I finally had an opportunity to range day my new Tungsten CT380 and was not disappointed. I read all the latest on here regarding the "break in" period and got all the items ready including obtaining two new mags.

I got three boxes of Remington and one box of Winchester and off I went.

The first few mags went without incident. The second to last mag, I had a round fail to go all the way into battery. A slight swipe to the rear end of the slide and the gun was shooting again. AFter that mag, I looked into the feedramp area and the shiny ramp was totally black. I cleaned the ramp and started shooting the next group of 50, which was the Winchester. Zero problems after the 50. The next 50 had a couple of failure to battery, and again the bump fixed the round. I cleaned the ramp for a third time and decided to go ahead and shoot the last 50. I had three rounds this time that did not go into battery. Two were easily repaired, the third was not.

I came home and cleaned a VERY dirty little pistol. I think I had a total of 6/7 rds that failed to go into battery. Each occurred when the gun was filthy. The Winchester performed the best, despite it being the truncated versus the round nose. I did notice the mags would not fall free and that was a little irritating. All in all, I like this gun better than the G42. The sights are better, the trigger better, and the price was wayyyyyy better

The CT is a little bigger overall than the G42..... right? The CT's long grip should help tame what little recoil that .380 has.

Do you still have the 42? I have one and it's my favorite everyday carry. I will never sell my G42.

Enjoy your new toy and I'm enjoying my two week-old CT45. I carried it everyday for the past week, but the weather is warming here in Michigan, so I'll start carrying the pocket G42 now until mid-October. The CT45 is just too big on my hip for t-shirt weather. I prefer a light jacket or long sweater wearing it. No open-carry for me. Not my style.

Quote Originally Posted by joemsj51 View Post
    The CT is a little bigger overall than the G42..... right? .....
    Just in the grip height/length, but it's not much and you do get an extra round from that length in the CT380.
    The G42 is longer and thicker than the CT380.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Just in the grip height/length, but it's not much and you do get an extra round from that length in the CT380.
    The G42 is longer and thicker than the CT380.
    Regards,
    Greg
    Correct! A family member wanted my 42, but I am sort of glad it turned out like it did. The extra grip length is hardly noticeable, and the thinness is pretty nice as well.