Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun

Thread: My third Kahr is on the way

Default My third Kahr is on the way

I bought a CW45 in 2013 and a CM9 in 2014. It took awhile to get the CW45 running, but the CM9 has never had any failure. I hope my new C380 is as solid as my CM9. If not, I'm confident I'll be able to get it running well in no time.

I picked up 50 rounds of wwb, 50 rounds of American Eagle fmj, and 100 rounds of Blazer brass fmj. The gun should be here Friday 👍👍👍👍

I'll post again once I get a chance to shoot it.

Tony - congratulations on your purchase. I like your ammo choices for the break-in, but I like your confidence even more.

Enjoy!!!!!

I picked up the pistol today. I took it home a cleaned and lubed it, made sure the mag springs were in correctly, and shot some brakleen down the striker channel. (Not necessarily in that order)

After that, I took it to the range and put 200 rounds through it. 100 pmc, 50 American Eagle, and 50 Winchester white box. I was a little concerned about the wwb because they were flat points.

I cycled through the different brands; I shoot a mag of pmc, then a mag of federal, then a mag of Winchester. I gave it a quick clean and lube at about the halfway mark.

On the second mag (federal) it failed to go onto battery when I dropped the slide stop lever. A quick tap to the mag and all was good. After that one bobble, not a single problem.

This is a sweet shooting little Pistol! This is the first 380 I've ever shot, and I heard they were snappy. Hardly!

I also heard that the slide can be hard to rack. It's easier than my CM9. The magazines are easy to load too!

This little guy will definitely be spending alot of time in the carry rotation this summer, provided it eats defensive ammo as good as it eats ball ammo.

Now I gotta go get some hollow points, probably XTP or Underwood, and check out some holsters.

YES!!!😀

Atta boy, Tony!

Somehow, I just knew things would work out well for you. I carry mine with the Underwood Xtreme Defender +P in it. A bit of an eye opener the first time you fire off one of those nasty little pills.

I only own one holster for mine - DeSantis Nemesis. It's the one that's supposed to fit the Bodyguard 380, but it fits the CW380 even better. The tag says U7 on it....

https://www.amazon.com/Desantis-Neme...+Bodyguard+380

There's just no excuse to leave the house unarmed with this little pocket cannon. Mine is in my pocket every single day - even if I'm carrying my CM9 or MK9 as "backup".

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Atta boy, Tony!

Somehow, I just knew things would work out well for you. I carry mine with the Underwood Xtreme Defender +P in it. A bit of an eye opener the first time you fire off one of those nasty little pills.

I only own one holster for mine - DeSantis Nemesis. It's the one that's supposed to fit the Bodyguard 380, but it fits the CW380 even better. The tag says U7 on it....

https://www.amazon.com/Desantis-Neme...+Bodyguard+380

There's just no excuse to leave the house unarmed with this little pocket cannon. Mine is in my pocket every single day - even if I'm carrying my CM9 or MK9 as "backup".
    Desantis Nemesis - Excellent pocket holster. I ordered and received mine last week. Its a little stiff at first, but will break in fine. Agree about easy to pocket. I have the CM9 and LCP. I usually throw the LCP in my pocket because its so small, but prefer the CM9 for more accurate shooting. Good choice!

I put another 100 rounds through it today. 50 Winchester white box and 50 fiocchi pistol Dynamics hollow points. With the fiocchi I had one frtb--the kind where the slide is just out of battery by enough to keep the trigger from working. I also had a round where the slide locked back. That's​ an odd error for a lefty but not unheard of.

With the wwb I had one round that caused frtb on multiple attempts.

Before I took this ammo out, I checked the oal on a few of each. The fiocchi varied by about .010". The wwb varied by about .020"! Kahrs are known to have short throats, at least my CW45 does. I suspect longish rounds were hitting the lands.

I also noticed quite a bit of variation in felt recoil with the wwb.

Quote Originally Posted by tony k View Post
    Ain't that cute? looks like your CW45 sired a good lookin' lil' gal there.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Ain't that cute? looks like your CW45 sired a good lookin' lil' gal there.
    Yep! As far as "good looking" I have mixed feelings​ about the tungsten cerakote. I like the color, but it seems to snag fuzz when I'm cleaning it. I'm enamored with the size and shootability.

My CW45 was a real turd when I first got it. Short frame rails, broken trigger bar, extractor problems, bad cocking cam... It shoots great now, but I sure learned the ins and outs of what makes Kahr tick.