Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Kahr S Series debuted at NRA

Default New Kahr S Series debuted at NRA

image1.jpg

Today at the NRA Show, Kahr showed off their new S series of handguns. Imagine a C series gun feature a rail, larger mag catch, front cocking serrations, and new sites.

The current S series will come in T and W sizes, should be available this summer and MSRP around $475 to $500!

Thanks for the sharing the photo and info sir!
    How is the front sight attached on this economy version of the Gen2 vaporware?
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

From the picture, it appears not to use a front dovetail, making it like the C series pistols. I appears that Kahr is calling this "Gen2", even though it appears to use the standard visible trigger format, without the Glock-style blade trigger safety. Does this make it Gen2 Second generation? This suggests the trigger innards are the normal long pull trigger. Just a pessimistic guess from someone wanting to try the Gen2 improvements that have now been advertised from time immemorial, or so it seems... Any word on whether the Kahr booth showed the First generation of Gen2 pistols?

I am back from the convention and can give you more info. These are an evolution of the C Series. As such apart from the obvious changes they share the same feature set. The new guns have an accessory rail, front cocking serrations, the Gen 2 mag catch (a bit easier to reach), and 3 dot versions of the C sights. They ship with two mags.

As for why they are C based, Kahr wisely determined that the price point of a Gen 2 based on the P series would be higher than most buyers would want to pay. The C series dominates sales and I can tell you from working the conventions that probably 95% of folks asking about guns are after a C. The MSRP on the SW9 is $495, and the ST9 $460. Street will of course be lower.

On the trigger, the decision was made to stick with the current Kahr trigger for the S series guns. A lot of shooters seem to prefer it. Again, I can tell you that from convention visitor comments. I hear a lot of people say they love the trigger compared to other DAO guns. Kahr guns have a smoother pull than most (if not all) of its competitors' DAO pistols. I think some of us with longer history in shooting tend to compare triggers of all handguns to nice 1911s (including yours truly).

The first guns to ship will be the SW9 (CW/P sized), in 9mm. They are already being assembled at the factory. After that the ST9, my favorite of the two but I like T sized pistols. I asked about the next caliber and was told 45 is very likely. I would not want to set a time window for that as it is still being designed. I think an ST45 will be huge in the market. Think polymer framed, single stacked, in between an Officers and a Commander model 1911. Very flat. Very easy to carry. Still plenty of grip for your hand.

Hope that helps, and holler if you have questions. I can tell you Crossbreed is on the ball to get holsters ready if you are wondering about that aspect of the new guns. They are local to me so have a connection so to speak...
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com

An ST45 sounds pretty durn nice.

I've had a hankering for a T45 forever, this is probably as close as I'll ever get.

I might even entertain the idea of a ST9. Have to ponder that some.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

What does the "S" stand for?

K is stainless steel
    P must be polymer
    C is for cheaper? Clean-lines?
    S is for super?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    What does the "S" stand for?

K is stainless steel
    P must be polymer
    C is for cheaper? Clean-lines?
    S is for super?
    I asked this in another thread.

K is for Kahr
    P is for polymer
    C is for compact or concealed
    S is for ????

T is for target
    W is for weapon?
    M is for micro

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Two for Tea and Tea for two, you for me, and me for you......

Sorry, that just jumped into my head.

I'd give it a 7 1/2, got a good beat but you can't dance to it!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Actually, "P" stands for "polygonal" and "C" stands for "conventional", as in rifling.

I'd say the new "S" stands for "sport", since these are geared toward sport shooters.
    Last edited by PCnotPC; 05-02-2017 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Addition

Quote Originally Posted by PCnotPC View Post
    Actually, "P" stands for "polygonal" and "C" stands for "conventional", as in rifling.

I'd say the new "S" stands for "sport", since these are geared toward sport shooters.
    That makes sense, thanks. Any idea what the W is?