Yesterday I was able to pick up a near-new CT380 here locally. I sold my CW380 because the grip was just too small - but it was 100% reliable thru around 70 rounds. I really like my CM9 - the slide is tough to rack but it's big enough to get a good grip on it.

I also have a SIG P230SL - which is a blowback .380 as I'm sure everyone here knows. The slide is a little tough to rack on it but an order of magnitude (or two!) easier than the CT380. So - here is the Kahr-newbie question: I'm thinking about ordering a spare inner recoil spring from Kahr - then clipping about 1/4 or 1/3 off of the original inner recoil spring. Hopefully that might reduce the gi-normous slide racking effort?

I'm a little bit savvy about semi-autos so I understand this might cause reliability issues and maybe some frame battering. But, this is a pistol that I'm only going to put a box or two through it - then put it into my carry rotation. What does Kahr Talk think? Do I have rocks for brains? It'll be easy to reverse by swapping the inner spring back to the original.

For the life of me - and, again, I'm a Kahr newbie, I cannot understand why the CT380 is so tightly sprung - it's not a blowback...