Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new

Thread: Dusty Rose?

Default Dusty Rose?

I'm thinking about picking up a Dusty Rose gold finished CW380. Does anyone have experience with the durability of this finish? Can it handle firing without wearing off or flaking, or is it a show piece only? Is it like the Desert Eagle 24k finish which is known to basically rub and fade through over time?

I can't comment on the durability of the finish but that does have eye appeal. Some may not like it but I can see the attraction.

one thing I can comment on is it will show fingerprints like crazy. I polished my stainless cm9 and the fingerprints bugged me so much I bead blasted it back to a matte finish.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I agree. Photos online show it is a fingerprint magnet.
    What I find unusual is that Kahr and Magnum Research have had these metallic finishes for years but its seemingly rare to find online discussions about owner impressions and their durability. Since I am a suspicious person, I suspect the worse and fear all these owners feel dumb about buying a specialty finish that turns out to be crap. So they dont exactly brag about it in public. But that is just my speculation.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I'll know soon enough. Just ordered a CW45 in Dusty Rose from Gallery of Guns that should arrive Wednesday. I figure that if the finish doesn't hold up I can always Cerakote it.

That's a lotta Bling!
    There's been a lot said about prosecutors insinuation about things on a gun that may have been used in Self defense trials.
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

The pistol is beautiful but the high polish on the slide can make it hard to get a good grip. It's not a big deal when racking the slide but makes dis-assembly a little difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by myskyn View Post
    The pistol is beautiful but the high polish on the slide can make it hard to get a good grip. It's not a big deal when racking the slide but makes dis-assembly a little difficult.
    Hey myskyn, how is that CW45 Dusty Rose holding up? Does the finish show wear or scratches?

No scratches or wear showing after about 500 rounds. Doesn't show fingerprints too terribly bad taking into account the high polish on the plated parts. Shoots well but my new CT40 is more accurate, or I'm more accurate with with the CT40