CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Plunk test fail: CW380/ Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics

Ditto on the Perfecta in 9mm. It has become my go to ammo for 9mm. I can get a thousand rounds shipped to door for $189. from Lax ammo. I shoot Fiocchi out of other 380 with no problem. Love the Extrema. For me, I find it to be a very clean ammo. I have not tried to shoot it out of the Kahr yet. Will do a little measuring. The Kahr did NOT feed the Fiocchi Linea.

I tend to agree with the above, but the main reason I don't carry reloads is that I don't use reloads period. For carry, for practice, etc. It's a safety issue for me. I wouldn't even use them If I reloaded them myself. Can an issue arise from factory ammo? Sure, but I think you're odds of having a problem with reloads is more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by DM123 View Post
    I have seen mentioned using, or not using reloaded ammo for self defense for years. I have not been able to find any reason not to other than internet posts, believed by some to be an internet myth. Do you have any documented proof that using reloads has been used in a court of law?

I have recently started using my reloads as carry ammo. I now get 99%+ reliability loaded for a specific gun. I have not gotten this with store bought, defensive ammo.

If this is to out-of-line with the string of posts, let me know and I will start a new thread. Or just send me a PM.
    The reason for the NRA's big push to buy their newest product...concealed carry "insurance"
    you gotta wonder,
    I apologize if my post contains the same or similar information as someone who has posted before me.

Quote Originally Posted by tony k View Post
    A little background on my pistol here:
    http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...-is-on-the-way

In summary, I recently purchased a new CW380 and I have about 300 rounds through it. My last outing I had a couple failure to return to battery issues.

I kept the last 7 rounds of fiocchi shooting Dynamics ammo so that I wouldn't leave the range with an empty gun. This morning I did the plunk test on those 7 rounds, and 4 of them failed the test. I guess that indicates to me that my pistol has a short throat. No biggie. My CW45 also has a short throat, and that resolved itself after a few thousand rounds .

My question is, how have you all dealt with short throat/tight chamber issues? Polish the leade? Shoot it till it resolves itself? Send it back to Kahr? (No!)

I'm gonna start reloading for it, so tailoring my range ammo to the pistol won't be a problem, but what have you all used for SD ammo? Based on Shootingthebull's tests, I'll likely try something with a Hornady xtp bullet.

What do you all think?
    I mentioned on another thread, which I can't find. Regardless, the Kahr does seem to have a short throat and Over all Length will be a factor in selecting. One factor but not all. On this forum it seems to be the general consensus that Fiocchi ammo will not function in the Kahr. And in the range ammo I tried, it simply would not function at all. HOWEVER, I measured the length of the cartridges to the Fiocchi EXTREMA, which was one of the Preferred choices from Ammo Quest. The Extrema is considerable shorter than the Fiocchi range ammo. I shot a full box yesterday and they ran great. I also shot a box of ARX and a Box of Hornady CD. All ran fine. However the best results for me, was the Extrema. I will shoot a few more boxes of this ammo and if all goes well, it will be my preferred CD for my Kahr.

if you handload for it make sure to sort your brass..... otherwise massive hangups with this thing, ask me how i know😎
    RIP Muggsy

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    On this forum it seems to be the general consensus that Fiocchi ammo will not function in the Kahr. And in the range ammo I tried, it simply would not function at all.
    Uh, oh. I hope my Kahr doesn't read this. Now I'm curious, and will have to go see if the Fiocchi actually fits, or if it's just being rammed into the rifling. Regardless, it functions ok.

The only time I've run into this problem was with a Kimber, with one particular bullet weight from one particular manufacturer. The problem was consistent across different lots of ammo. I tried the ammo in all my 9mm's, and the only other one it didn't fit was an HK. The ammo would function ok, though. But in the Kimber it would choke.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDaze View Post
    if you handload for it make sure to sort your brass..... otherwise massive hangups with this thing, ask me how i know
    As I mentioned, Fiocchi "Extrema" functions great in my CW380. And I believe that it is the OAL is shorter compared to other Fiocchi ammo. If you say your reloads are hanging up the pistol, what do you think the problem is causing that?