Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you added to your collection recently?

They got pretty ingenious in some of the arsenal stock repairs. My son has one, not sure if it's that same one but they are really cool.

I just love old stuff. Had my old WW Greener prison guard single shot 14ga out the other day. She ain't pretty, even in excellent condition but she's cool. Should have took a picture. Maybe I will later.

I'm in phase II of the kitchen remodel this morning, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    That wood is beautiful. I just want you to know from what you've posted in the past you surely have some cool stuff. You post items I've never had the opportunity to see. Just cool.
    Prior to the massive sink hole incident following the flood and fire I'd been blessed with some pretty neat things. Mostly acquired from folks that didn't want them anymore due to age or health etc. Been very fortunate.

Also good reason to be kind to old people I guess although I've always enjoyed them the most except kids of course. Never had no ulterior motives but have reaped some benefits. Now that I are old I'm understanding a bit more too. Not all good but you can't stop the clock.

I'm thinking I'm gonna refinish the stock on this little Mossberg. There's some good wood in there but a few places on the buttstock end that could benefit from some work. Last one the finish was hiding some really nice wood underneath, back in those days they all got finished and some would have been better off left alone. Seen a few presentation grade that were covered with a cheap finish,.......sad.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Wandered off to the Tanner gun show in Denver today to just sorta look around. Came home with a new Ruger Bearcat "Shopkeeper"....3" barreled, satin stainless finish, birdshead grip. An accidental culmnation of/to since they were introduced "I love them damn Bearcats but the grip just don't work with my hands" wanting one.

For those who remember my No More Guns pledge what's been kept for some years now.... My apologies. Sometimes stuff just happens.

*Edit/addendum/warning.....some razor sharp edges that unless dehorned will draw blood. In particular, the loading gate and the ejector rod. Spent a bit of time working with my 'smithing files today and then got to put away the band-aid box.
    Last edited by ltxi; 01-01-2018 at 04:22 PM.
    NRA Benefactor

I didn't know they made the Bearcat with a birds head handle. I love those things too. My aunt has one she's had forever. Tried numerous times to talk her out of it but to no avail YET. It's a very early one and absolutely mint.

Wanted to get one for each of my grandkids but they don't give them away either. Pretty pricey around these parts.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I spent most of the day sanding on the new little Mossberg. It's turning out really nice, some beautiful wood. I filed and sanded and got rid of the initials and S/S number on the action too. Cold blued and it took pretty good. Hardly noticeable.
    I'll post some pics tomorrow when I get the metal all cleaned up and everything back together. I think one or two more coats of oil and she'll be good to go.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I didn't know they made the Bearcat with a birds head handle. I love those things too. My aunt has one she's had forever. Tried numerous times to talk her out of it but to no avail YET. It's a very early one and absolutely mint.

Wanted to get one for each of my grandkids but they don't give them away either. Pretty pricey around these parts.
    I pretty much didn't know that either. Then happened on this one. Picked it up and went into OMG mode. $600 and that not a bad price for it. Expensive, yep. But, after since circa 1971 of wanting it was oh, what the hell, who cares!
    NRA Benefactor

So, yesterdays gun show had nothing for me and I couldn't find anything I wanted. The wife did find a Kimber "Bel Air" Micro 380 that she liked... a lot. That followed us home. Cute little gun and our first trip to the range with it showed that my wife shoots it really well. Wanting this little automatic was a position change for her from the last few months. My wife was sure she wanted a S&W 637 hammered J frame, I was not as sure, but was willing to get her whatever she wanted.

The first three rounds she fired from her little Kimber all hit the in the 10 ring with one X. I was impressed, even if the target was just 5 yards out. I recently bought a S&W 360J, a scandium framed 38 only J frame to which I recently added an XS big dot sight on the barrel. When I asked her to try the J frame with some 110 grain HP ammo, she hit the range ceiling... twice... in two shots. Its pretty easy to say that she was very happy with her choice of a pretty new Kimber after those two shots...

Note: With the XS sight on the front, that J frame shoots low already, real low to the old (blade sight) point of aim...

I also added a RM380 to the collection recently. After the rebate then adding a pocket holster/mag packer pair, some VZ G10 grips and all the "fix it" parts from Galloway I'll have a carry package for about $288 bucks. Great price point, but shooting it "stock" for comparison purposes before doing all the mods was... interesting. I found the trigger really, really long, but I could regularly put the whole mag full on the target every time I shot it. The wife HATED the trigger and couldn't hit squat with the little gun, even at 5 yards. We shall see if the new parts help the little gun shoot better with the next range trip after the grips and mods are in the gun. I'll post more on the results (if any) later in the month.

Expensive weekend, but it was fun to have the wife happy to go to a gun show and saying she "cant wait to get back to the range". Makes me smile, for sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

Got my new little Mossberg back together and I'm pleased with how it turned out. I took a gamble and filed and sanded off the offending initials and S/S number on the receiver and cold blued. Turned out pretty good. Hardly noticeable and certainly 100% better than the vibro markered writing.
    Why do people do that?????
    Sun was out for a bit although it was bloody cold out but got some outside pictures.

The wood is amazing on this thing, less so towards the butt but nice.

Guess I'll hit the gun show next weekend and search for another victim.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Got my new little Mossberg back together and I'm pleased with how it turned out. I took a gamble and filed and sanded off the offending initials and S/S number on the receiver and cold blued. Turned out pretty good. Hardly noticeable and certainly 100% better than the vibro markered writing.
    Why do people do that?????
    Sun was out for a bit although it was bloody cold out but got some outside pictures.

The wood is amazing on this thing, less so towards the butt but nice.

Guess I'll hit the gun show next weekend and search for another victim.
    Darn Bawanna, that turned out really well, much respect for your skills.

I just had to quote the full message so folks can scroll through that pretty wood a second time

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

BTW, I've got some love for the Bearcat Shopkeeper myself

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>