Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you added to your collection recently?

^ Cool! Nice grips.
    NRA Benefactor

Well dang, I remember seeing that and love that little thing to pieces. I guess it didn't compute that it was a Birds Head handle.

That's absolutely drop dead gorgeous and if you ever part ways with that for any reason or no reason at all, let me be the first to offer it a good forever home. I know you never will but put me on the list just the same. I know your after my cyber wife AIRret but please don't use that for bait.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Christmas brought me a W. German Sig Sauer P230 SL.

How ever my latest addition isn't even available on the street yet. I went to my LGS yesterday and put my money down for the 1st Ruger PC Carbine they get off the truck. Now I have to wait as patiently as humanly possible for it to arrive.

The Sig is a beautiful pistol. With those Hogue grips, the gun is a joy to shoot. Enjoy that "new" P230.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Default Beauty and the Beast

A local pawn shop had a P40 Covert on the shelf for just over two bills, still I could see it had a couple of issues, so I went home to think it over. I returned the next and bought it (after they replaced a broken follower). I also noticed they had a very nice Kimber Classic Custom Target. I had been tempted by some Kimber TLE II pistols that the Sheriff's Department had traded in to a local shop, so when the pawn shop bubba agreed to knock about $50 dollars off the Target model, I gladly paid the $90 difference for it over the Sheriff's guns. The Target is an early Kimber with no FPS and has a great trigger to boot:0

Here's the Beast:
    I trimmed the barrel ramp on the P40C so as to not breal anymore followers and reshaped the slide stop spring. The sights didn't shot to my liking so I modified the front. It's finish was decent, but I hit with a light blast of bead anyway. Not much to see, but here's a before (top) and after:

I'm pleased with how it turned out. After shortening and blending the ramp, I was able to chamber different 160 and 180 grain loads by pretty much riding the slide into battery. The darn thing seems to buck more than the PM40 top end that I had for my CM9. It's a beast.

The Beauty:
    The Kimber is a sweet shooing pistol. It runs smooth, gobbled up all the commercial and hand loaded stuff we had with us. I did pull off the ambi thumb safety someone had put on it for a small shelf TS.

I'm very pleased with this pistol
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

That P40 was a steal............................................. ...........

That Kimber is a beauty. I still think the 1911 is about the prettiest handgun ever made. Love the looks of that one.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Picked up my new Sp101 in .327 Federal at Grabagun near Dallas yesterday. I like how Ruger moved the ugly lawyers billboard from the side of the barrel down to the bottom of the ejector housing:

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Picked up my new Sp101 in .327 Federal at Grabagun near Dallas yesterday. I like how Ruger moved the ugly lawyers billboard from the side of the barrel down to the bottom of the ejector housing:
    Nice!
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

They all look so much nicer now days with the wood grip inserts too. Haven't made any in a long time. No need since they did away with the ugly plastic.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan