Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you added to your collection recently?

Wow, I like it. Have to look up how the mechanism works without a moon clip.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Wow, I like it. Have to look up how the mechanism works without a moon clip.
    I've been interested in those, so I had this bookmarked: https://americanhandgunner.com/charter-arms-new-auto-cartridge-revolvers/

Photo from https://americanhandgunner.com/chart...dge-revolvers/

Regards,
    Greg

[<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Thanks a bunch Greg as usual. That's an interesting concept and I can see now where it might take a bit of a learning curve to get handy at loading.

I had a Bull Dog in my younger days when they were kind of hit or miss. Mine fortunately was a hit, never had issues with it at all. Don't recall now why I don't have it any more.

I'll be checking these out first chance I get.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The mechanism in the red circle is spring loaded and fits into the extractor groove of the bullet and holds it in place in the cylinder. It retracts when a bullet is pushed into the cylinder. It works fairly well with ball ammo, but is a pain with semi wad cutters (because of the square shoulder where the bullet meets the brass). The key to loading this revolver is shown in the picture as well. You push the ejector rod back about 1/2 of an inch to start the rounds (all five) and then let go of it and they will all fall into place. A quick reload is almost impossible. I am working on using a quick strip to reload now that I have the loose round reload down pat...

I am left handed, but I shoot right handed (dominate eye thing) – so this concept works well for me. I grip the revolver with my right hand – thumb behind the hammer – reaching around the front of the trigger guard – holding the front of the trigger with my first finger – depressing the ejector rod with my middle finger – rotating the cylinder with my ring finger and load the rounds with my left hand. It works really well for me. If you are right handed and load the cylinder with your right hand, you are in for a huge learning curve…

Default W German Sweetness

45 ACP revolver sounds like fun.
    But I just got a W German Sig P220 45 that fits the bill...

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Figured I'd go cowboy action and get a single action 6 shooter in 45 long colt (has a 45acp cylinder also). Gonna try and load up some wax rounds and see how things go.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

kahr pm40 I still havnt fired it

Just picked up my prize this afternoon. Found this old Mossberg 152 down in the land of JGRider Oregon.
    Pretty decent shape, was really happy. Nice wood. Somebody scratched their initials and S/S number on it but it's not horrible. Hate when people do that.

My son beat me to the bolt action version a couple years back at our gun show. Both went for our wallets, his came up full, mine of course was empty.

Hope this one is half the tack driver that the last one I got is. Last one shoots really good.

Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

That wood is beautiful. I just want you to know from what you've posted in the past you surely have some cool stuff. You post items I've never had the opportunity to see. Just cool.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Christmas present to myself: 1944 Lee-Enfield No.4 MK 1

With some neat stock repairs