CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CM9: CM9093 (Stainless) vs CM9093TU3 (Tungsten) finish

Default CM9: CM9093 (Stainless) vs CM9093TU3 (Tungsten) finish

Hello All,

I am new to Kahr. I would like get a pocket 9mm pistol. Kahr CM9 is very affordable to me. I have a hard time to choose between the stainless and tungsten finish. Does the tungsten finish worth the $70 more than the stainless version?

Thanks,
    Cal

The blacker the better for concealment.
    Are the rear sights night sights in the tungsten picture?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Tungsten has standard 3-dot (not night sight).

Quote Originally Posted by bbjwho View Post
    The blacker the better for concealment.
    Are the rear sights night sights in the tungsten picture?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Pick what revs your motor; great CCW pistol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Personal choice. The tungsten to me looks like it would pick up lint and cleaning patches etc. Doesn't flutter my dress much.

As for the darker is better, I figure the muzzle flash always gives you away anyhow, so I dig stainless pretty much.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Cerakote wears, and it also scratches. Normal wear on the slide finish will be visible in the slots that ride on the front rails. The only way to fix that is to have it cerakoted again (not cheap).

Naked stainless finish can be buffed/sanded and bead blasted, and it looks like new.

Stainless version has the bar/dot sights - I'll take those over 3 dot sights any day. Add a front night sight to the bar dot setup and you still come out cheaper.

I'd be tempted with the black DLC finish on most black finished Kahrs, but not cerakote. YMMV...

cerakote definately will show holster wear if you practice drawing during dry fire sessions. my stainless CM9 has shiny wear on the slides upper edge from EDC holster wear/dry fire draws/match fire draws. I like the bead blast idea to restore that flat finish.

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Personal choice. The tungsten to me looks like it would pick up lint and cleaning patches etc. Doesn't flutter my dress much.

As for the darker is better, I figure the muzzle flash always gives you away anyhow, so I dig stainless pretty much.
    That's what I'm discovering with my tungsten Cw380. I like to use qtips for cleaning, but the cerakote picks up cotton fibers.

I definitely like the more subdued look of the tungsten, but I say buy whatever color you can get the best deal on .

Thank you all!!!
    With your opinions, I have decided to buy the stainless version for $284. It is the most affordable modern pistol that I ever buy.
    Last edited by travinh; 05-10-2017 at 08:06 AM.

I sure hope your completely happy with it or we're all in a lot of big trouble here.

I think you'll like it. Lot more flexible, easier to fix a ding if you get one. Just remember if you hate it, it's all Tony's fault.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."