Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joined the club.

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    You mentioned a holster in an earlier post, if you're going to carry it, I wouldn't worry about a scratch or two. It's going to get more, sooner or later. You can't carry a pistol all day, every day without it showing. You get holster wear if nothing else, I sometimes bang into a door frame or chair arm, etc.

I'm sure you could bead blast it, Greg is your best resource for that sort of thing. I just doubt it's worth effort, if you're going to carry it anyway.
    Hey thanks for the mention

Estropelic,
    I feel kenmoore is right on all accounts (well, maybe not about me being your best resource).
    Carrying a firearm in a holster for any significant length of time will result in bumps, bruises, and holster wear.

If you want to touch that up, I think you will need to glass bead it to match the finish. Sometimes the bead is enough to hide a small mark like that. Otherwise you'll need to sand and/or peen the mark out first.

I bought my MK9 used and bead blasted it so I could see where I put my own carry/handling marks on it

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    I've seen photos of some good looking "MK" series Kahrs with the checkered wood grips, but I'm still drawn to the G10 grips that Lakeline LLC offers:
    https://lakelinellc.com/product-cate.../pistol-grips/

Regards,
    Greg
    Agreed. I have the stock, checkered wood, and the G10 grips, and my MK9 feels like an entirely different gun with the latter. Much better feel in the hand, imho. And, damn, they look nice, too. Especially if you go the extra mile and get some fancy grip screws to complete the package.

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    ....... if you go the extra mile and get some fancy grip screws to complete the package.
    Dang it Bosco, you pushed me over the edge on grip screws for my MK9.

Attached Images Attached Images

Those are gorgeous. I myself love nice screws but I've tried to steer clear. I like the ones where and allen wrench or a screwdriver either one will remove them.
    Seems it never fails I want to remove a grip and I don't have an allen wrench.
    Beauty and looking cool suffers a little bit for me but I can use my leatherman if I have to getting the grips off.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Dang it Bosco, you pushed me over the edge on grip screws for my MK9.

Good choice...you won't regret it!

Screws came in.
    [IMG][/IMG]

That's just beautiful.

Like you, I felt guilty holstering such a beautiful gun. My solution? An equally beautiful holster from Mitch Rosen.

Attached Images Attached Images

I'm using a PJ holster I had for my CM9. I ordered a Don Hume JIT for OWB carry. I'm going to give it a try.

Well they are beautiful well made ....truly some of the best out there...

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

How do you like the holster? I've been eyeing that one?