Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Crimsontrace

Thread: Failure to go into battery? Feed issue?

Default Failure to go into battery? Feed issue?

Ok, here is the basics CM9 about 500 rounds of WWB through it, about 20 Hornady 147 grain and about 20 Hornady 115 grain... absolutely no problems as far as shooting. What I mean is it fires, ejects and chambers the next round then repeats.... over and over flawlessly. The problem that it does have is that it absolutely will not chamber a round on one of my magazines(I have an extended finger grip on it). The first round nose dives and it will not chamber a round. If I take out one round, then it will chamber fine. Now this leads me to believe that 1) bad mag, 2) finger extension is not allowing mag to fully seat 3) ??

I have lakeline followers installed

Anyone else experience this? I need the magazine extension on only one mag, simply for the fact that it makes it easier to grab out of the mag holster that I use. I can shoot the gun fine with the stock baseplate...

I guess I could switch base plates and that would rule out if it's a bad mag, maybe I could sand down the mag extension a bit to see if it seats better. Thanks guys, give me some good feedback!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any chance the spring is not installed correctly on the problem magazine?
    Correct orientation:

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I will triple check that when I take another look at them, thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd change one thing at a time to isolate the issue. Since you like the extension, change out the follower

IMHO I would suspect the spring also; I use 6rd. mags w/ finger extension in IDPA matches and have yet to experience ANY failures with either plas/alum followers, although I made the switch to Lakelines before issues could occur. my 7rd. mags work w/o issues also; plas. followers.

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER