Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Cw rear sight options

Default Cw rear sight options

I have a cw9 and a cw45. What are my options for rear sights? I know the fromt sights are different than most of the other kahr models. Do the rear sights interchange with the other kahr models? I was thinking of getting a set of adcom adjustable sights whitch they make for the pm series but not for mine. Or does anyone know of another option for an adjustable rear for the cw series?

Quote Originally Posted by john800 View Post
    I have a cw9 and a cw45. What are my options for rear sights? I know the fromt sights are different than most of the other kahr models. Do the rear sights interchange with the other kahr models? I was thinking of getting a set of adcom adjustable sights whitch they make for the pm series but not for mine. Or does anyone know of another option for an adjustable rear for the cw series?
    From the Kahr website listing for a Trijicon rear night sight:
    "Fits new style slide with new dovetail cut in all 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45 ACP kahr Pistols. Will not fit any Kahr 380s."
    So, I would think, yes, the rear sight is interchangeable between series as long as they have the new style dovetail (which all current production 9/40/45 guns do).

I don't know of any adjustable sights specific to the CW series.

The sight set you mention would probably work fine on a CW series pistol if you have a front dovetail cut on the slide. The rear sight from that set might work with the standard CW/CM front sight, but I don't know if the OEM front sight's height would be compatible with that rear sight. (for example, too short a front sight would result in the gun shooting high with rear sight at it lowest position.).

Regards,
    Greg

[<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I just ordered the trijicon front night sight for the cw9. I would have also ordered the rear sights too, but kahr seemed to he all out of the rears. Has any one tried the meprolight rear sights?