Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights

Thread: Range report for new Kahr CW380

Default Range report for new Kahr CW380

Today I went to break-in my second Kahr CW380(this one is for the wife). I ran 200 + rounds through it and didn't have one single issue! I guess Kahr finally got the bugs worked out as my first one had a few FTFeeds and FTExtracts within it's first few hundred rounds. The first was purchased in 2014 and this one was purchased and the end of April 2017. Ammo that was used was:

100 rounds of Herter's brass
    50 rounds of Monarch brass
    50 rounds of Privi Partisan brass
    6 rounds of Underwood Extreme Penetrators
    6 rounds of Fiocchi Extrema XTP
    6 rounds of Buffalo Bore HP's
    12 rounds of Winchester White Box HP's

I was extremely pleased! Only issue I had which was non-gun related was the Pearce pinky extension I had put on one of my mags popped off mid-shooting. The plastic is not strong enough to stay on the bottom of the mag. I also used two magazines that had Magguts replacements giving them a 7 round capacity. No issue out of those either.

Excellent! I'm interested to hear how it functions for your wife. Different shooter, different grip.

Quote Originally Posted by tony k View Post
    Excellent! I'm interested to hear how it functions for your wife. Different shooter, different grip.
    I will do a follow-up report when I get her out to the range. I also forgot to mention that I bought my Brother in-law a CW380 in May of 2015 as a Wedding gift. He had problems that I thought were due to his grip. When I would shoot it, I could not get his to malfunction. After a few hundred rounds his started to function just fine. Don't know if he learned to grip it better or it just needed a good breaking-in.