Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun

Thread: New K40 Inbound

Default New K40 Inbound

Well I love my CW40 so much that I have an IWB holster for it and ordered a Galco shoulder rig.

I found a K40 blem new on Wholesale Hunter for $399 and had to pull the trigger.

Hoping it is not too blemished. Anyway, I work in a local gun shop and we do Cerakote finishing. Will probably finish it anyway.

Any opinions?

Good firearm, good caliber, good price............................................. ..................

Just about everyone that buys a blem reports that they have to look really close to find the blem - if they find it at all.

One of the great things about Kahr's stainless finish is how easy it is to keep them looking brand new. Scratches,small dings, and shiny rub marks are inevitable if you carry it.

Some fine sandpaper with a bit of oil on it should get rid of most blemishes. Follow this up with a few seconds of glass beading, and it looks new.

Glass beading alone often gets rid of the minor stuff. A 10 second blast is all I've ever needed.

Cerakoting an all stainless Kahr is like painting a new Porsche with a spray can in my book, but to each his own...

K40 is a fine firearm. Uses the same holster as the CW. Mine has been flawless. That is a great price that you are getting!

Well the Kahr arrived and I looked closely and I cannot find anything that looks like a blemish of any kind. I am extremely happy with this purchase. Now to clean and shoot.

Took her to the range today and put 50 flawless rounds of Federal 165 grain ball downrange. Perfect. No break in needed on this Kahr, either.

Mine didn't need any break in either. Fine firearm.