Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun

Thread: CT380 Magazines, not sure if its an issue or not

Default CT380 Magazines, not sure if its an issue or not

Just bought my Kahr CT380, going to the range tomorrow, but I wanted to ask. The magazines seem to be tough to seat, out of the 3 they each seat differently, some you have to push a little harder to get them to seat on the magazine latch. I hate to sound like such a newbie, but is this normal? I can cycle snap caps through the magazines and they feed fine. The seating is something I thought I would ask about.

Thanks in advance!

New springs are providing extra resistance. It should get easier with use.

Duh, that makes sense, Thank You!

I have owned a CT380 for a year now (approx. 400 rounds fired) and it has the same magazine issue. I have to push them VERY firmly before they click into place. Sometimes I think they’re fully seated, but they’re not and the pistol mis-feeds. In those cases I can grip the magazine with my fingernails and pull it out. This happened with the original pair as well as two exchange ones sent by Kahr.

I sent the pistol to Kahr for service. They replaced the magazine catch spring and “polished the frame” but it still behaves almost exactly the same.

By comparison, I also own a CW380 (similar age and usage) and the magazines have seated easily, even when brand new.
    Last edited by CountTwothree; 05-26-2017 at 01:15 PM. Reason: removing extra paragraph breaks