Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MK9 Wood Grip Screws

Hey myers, yes mine needed o rings, otherwise the screws extend into the mag well preventing insertion of the magazine.
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Hmm. I just installed regular 1911 grip screws with O-rings and they interfered with the magazine. I have to trim them a bit, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    Hmm. I just installed regular 1911 grip screws with O-rings and they interfered with the magazine. I have to trim them a bit, I think.
    Most of the 1911 grip screws I've found are pretty thin. My MK needed fatter ones.

This kit from Harbor Freight has LOTS of sizes - including the ones that worked best on my MK9. Having spares is nice, and keeping them organized is a plus...

https://www.harborfreight.com/382-pi...ent-67554.html

There's also the option of using more than one on each screw - it works fine.

So. What size ended up working best if I might ask?

Quote Originally Posted by dhdekay View Post
    So. What size ended up working best if I might ask?

#006. 1/8" ID, 1/4" OD, 1/16" thick.

You get 30 of them in that HF kit. Of course, that's what worked with my particular screws and grips - YMMV....

Thanks!

I just trimmed down the screws. Now the mag drops free.

I've got the Lakeline G10 grips on mine, and the 1911 "slim" screws work great and look awesome.

Then I read this thread and started to rethink the wooden grips I had bought, installed, and then took off my MK9.

So, needless to say, I just bought fancy "regular" 1911 screws, and will give them a try when they arrive.

My MK9 has been 100% reliable, shoots great, and is so darn pretty. The only issue has been its marginal carry weight, especially for IWB (which I prefer). But I've recently moved into the 21st century and tried some hybrid holsters, and they seem to distribute the weight a bit better than the Dan Rosen. The holster for my Glock 42 fits the MK9 closely enough for testing purposes, and the MK9 is like a whole different gun on my hip now. Looks like it may end up sharing some EDC carry time with my Kimber Solo and G42.