Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry Insurance?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Carry Insurance?

Ya, NRA is promoting this but do any of you actually have any protection policy? Most of them are very expensive but....

A co-worker who has been to a number of training classes is a real believer of these guys who have a reasonably priced offering.
    Tom Gresham of Guntalk radio and TV has been a promoter and member long before they became a sponsor of his show. They are a fund tied in with a host of lawyers and expert witnesses. They have an impressive list to show off.

In today's world something like this is starting to make sense to me.

What say you?

https://armedcitizensnetwork.org/defensefund
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Do compare them carefully.

Absolutely!

This outfit did a seminar at my local gun club. I took my Sister along - she's an attorney. She was very impressed with the program, and recommended I join up.

They get $10.95 a month - I pay per year. For an additional $20 per year, they include expert witness coverage, and bail bond coverage.

There is no additional charge if I need to use their services, period. If I need them, they provide a 24/7/365 1-800 number that goes to an experienced gun law attorney.

There are attorneys on call 24/7/365 in my town that are part of this program. They claim if you are involved in a self defense "situation" locally, and call them immediately, an attorney will be on scene for you before you get taken away.

They also cover civil suits 100%. The seminar ($10 to attend) is worth it just to learn the details of your state gun laws. It lasts 3 hours, and they cover a LOT of info. They encourage questions as well. The seminars are presented by local attorneys and retired local LEO's. I like the local "connection", but they also cover you while traveling.

I won't be without this coverage in today's world. Their advice - lawyer up, and shut up. Sound advice!

https://www.uslawshield.com/

No bail bonds coverage unless you pay more....................................that's what you need most..................get out of jail right away. I don't want to be sitting in jail because I can't afford bail, while they're figuring out my defense.

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    Ya, NRA is promoting this but do any of you actually have any protection policy? Most of them are very expensive but....

A co-worker who has been to a number of training classes is a real believer of these guys who have a reasonably priced offering.
    Tom Gresham of Guntalk radio and TV has been a promoter and member long before they became a sponsor of his show. They are a fund tied in with a host of lawyers and expert witnesses. They have an impressive list to show off.

In today's world something like this is starting to make sense to me.

What say you?

https://armedcitizensnetwork.org/defensefund
    I did notice that the "board" decides if ANY monies will be released for your case, depending on the merit of the case. I want to know for sure that no matter what the circumstances, monies will be released for my defense, beyond me murdering someone. It's a problem with most of these insurance plans. They'll send a lawyer, but will they post your bail? It does no good to sit in jail, while a "board" decides whether your case has merit. Are they attorneys???? In most cases, no. In this case, one.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Sorry to ask, but I don't have time to read the policy, what about civil lawsuits after your trial?
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    Sorry to ask, but I don't have time to read the policy, what about civil lawsuits after your trial?
    Civil is covered as are expert witnesses. With respect to coverage, the plan I mentioned in the OP is not insurance but a fund. I want them to make sure every dollar that comes out of that fund goes to legitimate cases. If I am obviously in the wrong I would not expect them to pay for coverage. That alone makes me a bit more responsible.
    It may be scary to buy but a whole lot more scary if you don't have it but need it.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

FWIW CCW SAFE was the best out there when I did the compare. Bail is one rub, the other is that if found guilty, they don't pay. Usually they pay AFTER the verdict too. I would need the $ now not later. Also, does that mean that found guilty to a lesser charge gives them a way out of paying too? Most likely that is what will happen. I didn't want to test that so I went with CCW SAFE at the time. They were the only one that seemed to not have that stipulation. What I don't like is that you don't know who is going to be your defense layer at a time that you are fighting for your life again. I think that it is important to know who will be defending you and what their experience level is such cases. My 2 cents
    I am the Living Man

Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    fwiw ccw safe was the best out there when i did the compare. Bail is one rub, the other is that if found guilty, they don't pay. Usually they pay after the verdict too. I would need the $ now not later. Also, does that mean that found guilty to a lesser charge gives them a way out of paying too? Most likely that is what will happen. I didn't want to test that so i went with ccw safe at the time. They were the only one that seemed to not have that stipulation. What i don't like is that you don't know who is going to be your defense layer at a time that you are fighting for your life again. I think that it is important to know who will be defending you and what their experience level is such cases. My 2 cents
    absolutely!!!
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

To me it looks like a total waste of money. Something the average person will never use in their entire lifetime. Kind of like buying Lightning Insurance and never leaving your house. How many people do you know that have had to defend their self in court for gun related offenses?