Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Magnum Research new

Thread: CW45: 45acp brass not ejecting completely on LAST case only...

Default CW45: 45acp brass not ejecting completely on LAST case only...

Hello Again folks - I'm back with another issue and need your help...

My last endeavor here ended up with me having the barrel "throated" so my reloads would feed/chamber correctly - it worked just great...but now, I have another issue...the LAST round (in any of my mags), does NOT eject properly and damages the mouth of the case...this only happens on the last round in the mag...it will bend the mouth in a couple places and not eject from the weapon. the slide doesn't go back enuff to fully engage the ejector it seems and lifts the last case up just enough to catch the case mouth on the port when the slide starts to come forward...

I've not changed my loading recipe (bullets, powder, primers), the brass is 'range brass' I've picked up and reloaded to spec...

so, is anyone else having this issue and if so, how did you solve it?

Thanks

Jrz_dad

Last edited by jrz_dad; 05-30-2017 at 02:14 PM. Reason: added pic

I don't reload/shoot reloads, and every one of my standard cases are mouth damaged. Nature of the beast. It's never affected anything. Start with your springs...................................

I'm pondering this some and I'm stuck on why it's always the last round and with different mags.

It's feeding and firing and getting hung up on the exit. Follower, feed lips etc wouldn't have no effect. I agree with springs but they should effect other rounds, not just the last round.

What am I missing here?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by jrz_dad View Post
    Hello Again folks - I'm back with another issue and need your help...

My last endeavor here ended up with me having the barrel "throated" so my reloads would feed/chamber correctly - it worked just great...but now, I have another issue...the LAST round (in any of my mags), does NOT eject properly and damages the mouth of the case...this only happens on the last round in the mag...it will bend the mouth in a couple places and not eject from the weapon. the slide doesn't go back enuff to fully engage the ejector it seems and lifts the last case up just enough to catch the case mouth on the port when the slide starts to come forward...

I've not changed my loading recipe (bullets, powder, primers), the brass is 'range brass' I've picked up and reloaded to spec...

so, is anyone else having this issue and if so, how did you solve it?

Thanks

Jrz_dad

My guess is that's extractor related and my first suggestion would be to clean all the related parts to include the tunnel in the slide.

Now as to why I think it's extractor related:
    I'm guessing that, without a fresh round under it, the last round's casing is slipping down in the extractor's claw as it is being extracted. This could cause less than optimal interface with the ejector.

I had a similar issue and found that the last case was slipping down enough that the magazine was striking it. This resulted in weak ejection or stove pipe jams in my CW45 on the last round. I believe a new extractor and/or spring may have solved this, but my fix at the time was to mod the magazines so that they didn't hit the casing (because of their shape, this became a non issue after I switched to 1911 mags).
    http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?1612-CW45-(and-other-poly-Kahr-pistols)-issues-and-fixes&p=15669#post15669

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I'll check out the springs and the extractor...I do have a couple 1911 mags I can try as well...

Thanks guys!!