Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calif CCW renewal

Default Calif CCW renewal

Kali is trying ...sort of ...to be as good as other issuing States but still falling short.

First I received notices that my other out of State permits need renewing, Kali sends me nothing. Guess what? I am late for renewal.
    Ok Kali is giving me 60 days to get it together before starting the permit process over so that's a plus.
    the out of State renewals...easy. send a cashier's check for ( think its like $45 for 5 years) no big deal. Oh some want a photo too. No big deal. I took a selfie.

Kali CCW renewals now are all on line which is a positive and I can use a credit card for a small convenience fee...nice! I no longer have to make an appointment and take time off work. BUT I STILL have to go to a 4 hour class and submit my qualification with the weapons I want to carry. By the time I pay for the class and the renewal I will have $200 into this and it is good for only 2 years.

BUT...they are making the actual permit like other State's permits which look like a credit card instead of the huge laminated typed piece of paper that barely fits your wallet.

Kali is sort of trying to make things better by streamlining renewal but still sending the vibe that if you don't renew, that's fine too.
    I am the Living Man

We don't get reminders here in Washington either. But we don't have any of that other hocus pocus either. Good for 5 years. No class, no picture.
    Do have to do it in person though.

I suspect in Kali it's more of a tracking method than a permit process anyhow. I think if I was forced to live there I'd just be more of an outlaw than I already am and would just carry without. Less those folks in high places know the better.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I hear ya.
    I am the Living Man

At least you got that.

Texas just reduced its renewal fee to $40 (for 5 years). Last legislative session they did away with the renewal class. Also we can do it online.
    New applicants only have to take a 4 hour class now instead of 8. Constitutional carry got buried in the process, so we are still not a free state.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

What's Constitutional carry. Open carry?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I believe so.
    I am the Living Man

You can't open carry in Texas? What's the world coming too?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Constitutional carry, is carry without a permit. The Constitution is your permit. They are working on it here in SC, anyone that can legally own a firearm, can carry a firearm, no permit, no training.
    NRA Benefactor

That's me right there. I like that Constitutional carry deal.

No permit, no required training, no money.

I had a friend in Montana and he said they didn't require a permit, I think they issue but he was told it wasn't a big deal but that could just be a local jurisdiction deal too, he was also known to BS me quite a bit so I got nothing solid to back that up with.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I guess I should be happy the way they run things up here in the nort. Open carry has always been legal. Renewal by mail, no pictures, no class, $20 for 5 years. Now, if we can just get rid of the permit period, we'll be doing well.