Tommy Gun   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Polishing your Kahr

Default Polishing your Kahr

I own three Kahrs(up from two a week ago). After watching The Yankee Marshal's video on polishing stainless, I got some Mother's Mag(and then some Flitz) and polished every stainless handgun I owned. I got a good result. Smith and Wesson revolvers polish up much better with this method,given the same amount of time and effort. Well, the ones I polished were from the 2000s or earlier, and were already fairly polished from the factory.

But now I've moved to wet sanding. I thought the K9 deserved a high shine, as my plan is to add wood grips and jeweled grip screws from Wicked Grips. I'm going for a "pimp gun" kind of thing.

Wal-Mart had a combo pack of 1000-2500 grit sandpaper, so I've spend a few sessions wet sanding with that. The change in appearance is pleasing.

Now I want to see how shiny I can get it wet-sanding, followed by polishing with Flitz. I just bought a pack of ultra fine sandpaper, ranging from 3000 to 7000 grit. Will I be able to bring the K9 up to mirror finish by hand, or is that result only achievable with a buffing wheel? I work about 6 miles from Ford's Gun Refinishing, which is a well-established shop who actually has the contract to finish all Desert Eagles. They charge $300 and have a LONG backlog, so I'd hate to avoid the expense and the time without gun.

A stainless guide rod is also on the list. That gives me something else to polish.

I think I may have an addiction. LOL

You should show us what you have done already

With time and elbow grease you can do it by hand but it does take time. I had my cm9 polished pretty good then got tired of looking at the finger prints and bead blasted it back to a matte finish.

now the cw45 I have i did a brushed stainless look on the sides snd liked it so I kept it like that.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/