CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop

Thread: New used K9 range report

Default New used K9 range report

I finally took my new K9 to the range yesterday. The pistol was flawless. 100 rounds of Remington FMJ ran without a bobble. I think this used pistol was fired very little, as I cannot slingshot the slide like I can with my well-used P9.

The rubber grips feel great. The added thickness of the K9 feels better in my hand than my P9. I have wood grips coming, and will put those on(pimp gun, after all), but I can see putting the rubber grips on for extended range days and the classes I intend to take with it.

My primary shooting buddy is still relatively new to shooting. He carries a Walther PPS M2(outstanding pistol, BTW. If I didn't already have two single stack 9s I would buy one) and a Springfield Mod 2 Subcompact 40, both short Glock like triggers.He fell in love with it. He raved about the trigger. About the trigger---it feels smoother to me than my P9 and CW380.

Accuracy was typical Kahr. One hole at 7 yards slow fire. Double taps from low ready went right into the X of the "1950s bad guy" target. I could put rounds exactly where I wanted at any distance on the range. Head shots at 20 yards were not a problem. Recoil is negligible, of course.

All in all, I am absolutely impressed with the K9. I see why the MSRP is so high on them. Build quality is top notch---as nice as any pistol I've ever seen, including high end 1911s.

I have a CM9 coming from Davidson's---the sale they were running was just too good. But I think my K9 is going to be carried quite a bit. The fact they all have identical manuals of arms makes it easy.
    Last edited by MMyers1970; 06-04-2017 at 04:52 PM.

I think they would sell many more Springfield's if it wasn't for that grip safety. If they are like me, it's a deal braker.........

Great report OP! I wish I could afford the K9, it certainly is an awesome pistol.