Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: My CM9 is on the way---I have questions

Default My CM9 is on the way---I have questions

Gallery of Guns was running an outanding deal on the CM9,so I jumped on it. This is my fourth Kahr. I own a P9, a K9, and a CW380.

When I carry the CM9,I plan to carry the two extra P9/K9 mags I usually do. I know they will work, but having seen the Pachmayr mag sleeve offered makes me wonder if the larger mags will seat too far into CM9 and cause jams. Is this a concern?

My P9 and K9 have been failure free. My CW380 needed the 200 round break in and a trip to Kahr. Which of these experiences am I more likely to get? I realize the smaller Kahrs have stronger springs, so I will follow the stickied Kahr break in procedures, but I'd like to know your CM9 new pistol experiences.

I'm looking forward to getting it. Next on the list is a CM45 and a T9 if I ever find a used one.

I've had mine for a little over 4 years. Lost count of the rounds. Only problem I had was when I oiled the extractor against sound advice. Don't do it. Did change the recoil spring at 2000 rounds. Otherwise 100% out of the box. Hope you have good luck with yours.

I've been shooting my EDC/COMP CM9 after break-in, steadily for the last 3yrs. no issues after 5000+ rounds w/ no replaced springs; have a new spare in the range bag, but old spring seems very robust so far P.S. I shoot Fed. Alum. case exclusively, C.D. for carry.

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    My P9 and K9 have been failure free. My CW380 needed the 200 round break in and a trip to Kahr. Which of these experiences am I more likely to get?
    The 200 round break in of your CM9 will give you the time you need to adjust your carry rotation to have it at the #1 spot. 'Nuff said.....

When I carry the CM9,I plan to carry the two extra P9/K9 mags I usually do. I know they will work, but having seen the Pachmayr mag sleeve offered makes me wonder if the larger mags will seat too far into CM9 and cause jams. Is this a concern?

When you have time to seat the longer mag carefully, it is easy to avoid over-insertion problems. By definition, when carrying and needing a backup mag, you would likely be under extreme pressure and it would be better to have a mag extension on the longer mag. Unless you want to install it whenever you carry the CM9 and remove it when you carry a longer grip pistol, you should have this mounted on a dedicated 7 round mag that you use only for the CM9. The Pachmayr works fine. Be sure to get the P9 model, instead of the K9 model, as the K9 model is wider than a polymer grip. A better bet, in my opinion, is a Lakeline extension on a 6 round mag, which does the same thing in a smaller package. If you have large hands, however, you might find the longer Packmayr unit provides a better hand fit.
    Last edited by finpro; 06-04-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Thanks. I'd forgotten about the Lakeline products...